Very embarrassed yesterday in the LV boutique…

Hmmm ya, I understand. I'm 19 (and very polite in my own humble opinion lol) and I've been to public and private schools... What I can say is that kids from both groups act the same with the only exception that those from private schools are even harder to deal with cuz their parents are massively rich, thus these kids are spoiled rotten and have no manners. You'd think that being rich is all about...iono...like training the kid's to play piano or do some classy stuff, but none of them are like that. All I can say is that this thread reminds me of one person in the world: PARIS HILTON! lol

I remember when I was that age, that there were others my age who acted like rude idiots. It is a part of life, unfortunately. There will always be people like that who just don't get it. I'm sure your SA appreciated you for NOT being like them. I know I do!

Boy, yet another example of how Money just can't buy one class.

I feel bad for the SA who had to serve those 2 but sometimes, I do see that the crappier these spoilt brats treat some SAs(Usually the snobby ones), they nicer they are to you. Hmm, weird...

It's a sad fact, I have gone to private school all my life and come from a fairly affluent family myself, we are indian and in our culture it is known that no matter who you are you always need to act with grace, my father grew up very poor and always knew he wanted to be wealthy and he worked his arse off to get it, and while humble, he was the same way (raised poorly with few manners etc) until he met my mother who was and still is to this day the epitome of style and class but she has come from money her whole life and was raised extremely well, I grew up the EXACT opposite of people like this, lmao and the sterotype of piano/music lesson is very true we did it and still do it to this day, and while Im not spoiled persay my parents always gave me what they thought I deserved whether it be for achievments or sometimes just for spontaneous fun, but my brother and I grew up not showy or anything and my mother still tells us to this day there is no one like us (shes the sweetest person ever) :yes: ! We owe our mom everything, people like her are the reaosn the world hasn't collapsed. I am mortified when I see behaviour like this because it's simply not done. I belive this forum is the first time I have seen a large group of diverse people, behaving with utter class.

Um.. I posted this before in another thread, but I am gonna say it again... Just because people spend a lot of money in front of you doesn't make them 'rich'. It just means they like spending large amounts of money to make others think that they are rich. Many people in this country are in serious credit card debt to keep 'living the lie'...
Again, if someone is really loud about a purchase or rude or seems to be in a hurry, ask the SA if they checked for ID... we can all help each other with ID theft prevention. Many places unfortunately don't check, and I end up shoving my driver's license in front of their faces so they are forced to check...
Who knows what happened with this situation?

The expression "nouveau riche" is not meant to say that old money is better than new money (in answer to a poster who said she would take "nouveau riche" as a compliment)
It describes the way some people who suddendly find themselves rich, want to show off their new money, sometimes in an ill-advised manner.

So you can have worked hard for your money, be a "new rich", but not "nouveau riche"... It's a matter of attitude... lol I'm sure I haven't made myself clear I just wanted to explain this expression.

Wow, those people were idiots! I hate people that think they own the world because they have money! I mean, I have nothing against people buying what they want and being able to afford it, I do it my self when I can, but their behaviour was repulsive! People should learn to be humble and grateful for what they've got instead of throwing it in peoples faces with a bad attitude.
I come from a country where you're not "allowed" to show that you have money, and sure, I love wearing my designer bags and say f:censor: to that attitude, but I would *never* be rude to other people or SAs about it. These people are a part of the whole, wonderful shopping experience, so I have nothing to gain by walking in and pretending that every SA is my servant, because they're not.
And yes, even though those people looked like they had money, they might not. For example, my dad is somewhat wealthy, but he never buys clothes that costs more than $50 a piece and drives around in a pick-up, while I'm really broke and spends thousands on designer bags that I can't really afford (and no, my dad doesn't support my habit - yet:graucho: ), so of course, if I entered a store at the same time as my dad, I'd look much more affluent than him, even though it's the complete opposite.
Oh well, this developed more into a rant than something informative, but I hope you guys can forgive me:P

I know what you mean,

I remember being with my group of friends who came with me to LV and then walked in these younger people who unlike your story didn't look like they had taste or Money and had horrible manners...the one thing that I remeber was her picking up a mulitcolor pump and yelling in the loudest most ugly sounding voice:

"This should be five dollars!!:yucky:

everyone looked at them and it was gross to be in the ame age bracket..