versatile tan/brown/cognac work bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I would like recs for a brown/tan/cognac/tobacco bag large enough to carry a couple file folders or a small binder (for work) that is equally nice with slacks and a blouse or jeans and a sweater (somewhat casual work environ) that looks great for a casual weekend dinner or on the airplane. Tote-like, but not boxy or dull. I have very slouchy hobos (Michael Kors, Coach, Banana) with lots of trendy metal, and I have a very conservative big black Coach for serious meetings plus a MK tan tote with grommets that is quite casual. I love the classic flap satchel look, Italian-esque with a modern twist. Used to love the Luella Giselle. Want something timeless but not boring, conservative or too business-like.

I'm considering the Mulberry Bayswater, the Mulberry Alexa and a variety of Miu Mius. I loooove the Alexa but wonder if it's awfully trendy. I don't want something quite as dressy/structured as the Birkin. Bayswater a nice in-between?

2. P.S. Love the Tod's D-bag (media bag) but with a bit more oomph, but not trendy.

3. Botkier's Aiden Satchel might fit the bill. I was considering it for pretty much the same reasons as you, i.e. a work bag that doesn't look like a typical work bag. It's a zip-top bag, though, not a flap, but I think it otherwise fits your requirements (tote-like but not boxy, not too conservative either). If you try My Obsessions Boutique, I think they still have one in Burnt Caramel as well, and there's usually a valid code somewhere.

4. The Bayswater is perfect. I also second the Tods D-bag recommendation.