Vernis striking red (pomme d' amour) - practical choice?

Aug 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm eyeing an LV monogram vernis bag and leaning towards the striking Red (Pomme d' Amour) color.

The other alternative is to go with the safer amarento - black cherry color. However, I'm not as excited on this color, though I know it will be easier to match vs. day-to-day outfit.

I just want to get your advice whether getting the striking red is practical or not. This will be the only LV bag that I have, though I do have a few other brands.

I find pomme d' amour very striking and gorgeous at first glance, but I do not want to tire of this hugely expensive bag (for me!) after 1 year. I'd like a bit more versatility on the bag - eg. you can carry to work, use on casual weekends, and bring to the occasional party.

For those who may have gotten the same striking red color - what has been your experience? Do you still love it after a couple of years? Do you think I will regret the purchase? Do you find it relatively easy to match vs. your outfit (though I'm not expecting it to match all my clothes, but hopefully it will not be extremely constraining). I normally wear safe solid colors for my clothes.

Your advice highly appreciated! Excited to hear your experience or your personal reactions to people carrying this pomme d' amour color.

I've found pomme to be quite versatile actually! I've had my brentwood for a few years and still smile when I take it out to wear.. I'm a bit of a sucker for patent leather so that helps too hehe :biggrin:

I wear alot of black, and there's nothing sexier than a striking red bag to go with it.. (esp paired with a pair of Louboutin heels ;)) I've also worn it casually with jeans and flip flops on wkends when I'm out for lunch or a shopping trip!

I think the most important thing is to go with what you love! Amarante is beautiful too but if you really love the pomme I say get it, otherwise you'll probably keep thinking about it and might regret picking the 'safer' colour.... Gd luck & hope that helps!

I've just been given the Pomme Wilshire Blvd by my DH......yes, no doubt about it, the Pomme is absolutely strikingly beautifully stunning but am also having the same issues, what to wear with it! (Went out last night and was dying to take my new bag, but ended up reverting to my (safe) Speedy LOL). I'm not really too much of a black wearer, but like the idea of black with the Pomme or a casual jeans outfit as Lisaloveshoes has said.

Sorry I'm not any help! But good luck with what you decide.

lisalovesshoes - very relieved you find the red easy to match. i too have a lot of black on my wardrobe so it may not be difficult to match. brentwood is also one of the choices i'm thinking of - do you find it brentwood too big? i need shoulder bag and thinking between rosewood and brentwood.

princesspink -thanks for your feedback! just curious, what color did you have on last night?

I agree w/lisalovesshoes! I have the Vernis ALma MM in Pomme and had her for over a year now. She is hands down my very favorite bag. I constantly get compliments on her and you will be surprised how versatile Pomme really is.

Trust me, you will not regret getting this Vernis color!

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I agree w/lisalovesshoes! I have the Vernis ALma MM in Pomme and had her for over a year now. She is hands down my very favorite bag. I constantly get compliments on her and you will be surprised how versatile Pomme really is.

Trust me, you will not regret getting this Vernis color!

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

:yes: What RhudyTootie said. Everything! :yes:

I think you should get Pomme if thats what you fell in love with at first. You say you wear black a lot and looks quite stunning against the color red too :smile:

Last edited:
lisalovesshoes - very relieved you find the red easy to match. i too have a lot of black on my wardrobe so it may not be difficult to match. brentwood is also one of the choices i'm thinking of - do you find it brentwood too big? i need shoulder bag and thinking between rosewood and brentwood.

princesspink -thanks for your feedback! just curious, what color did you have on last night?

Hi Twinstar633, I was wearing a brown and cream floral maxi dress, had laid everything out on the bed and it looked ok with the Pomme next to it but then when I actually got dressed just didn't feel right :shame: or pehaps it was the Vernis pattern (its my first vernis) I just wasn't used to and felt like it clashed with the pattern on the dress.....or another factor that I thought of was the dress is super casual and perhaps the Wilshire Blvd was too formal for the dress? I did think about changing my dress but I really wanted to wear it and my DH was starting to get grumpy with all the "does this bag look ok" questions :thinking:Anyway, my darling Speedy saved the day! Hmm, this Vernis/Pomme dressing needs some practice!

Last edited:
twinstar633 i love my Brentwood! I personally don't think it's too big.. I'm 5'9 and think it's a perfect midsized bag.. My sister who's a tiny 5'1 has one in framboise and loves it too.. I guess take into consideration how much u want to put in the bag as well, I normally have a long wallet, key holder w car key, iPhone, hand sanitizer, a shawl and maybe a few other little bits n pieces like lip gloss etc. and it fits in the Brentwood with space to spare.. So it suits me! :smile:

I agree with everyone! I may be biased because red is my favorite color but I think it goes with a lot more than people think. It can spice up almost ANY outfit. Go for it, you won't regret it.