Vernis Colour Dilemma

Sep 29, 2010
Hi everyone, :smile:

I am having a slight dilemma :thinking:....I absolutely love the amarante vernis but I've heard its infamous for attracting fingerprints which I'm not totally thrilled about. However I feel amarante is the most versatile colour out of all the vernis because it's dark enough that it matches most outfits/bags. I've also heard that because of its dark colour it's less likely to show scratches/dirt/marks. How does the amarante compare to say rouge fauviste? I love the rouge fauviste colour too but I think its less versatile and just doesn't "wow" me as much as the amarante.

What are your thoughts? I think I may regret not buying amarante if I don't. I'm just hoping fingerprints aren't going to constantly make it look grubby/dirty.

(btw...I was originally going to buy a Zippy CP, but now it's looking like I might get the Sarah wallet so thats what I'm asking the colour for (the Sarah wallet)

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I own a Sarah wallet in Amarante. It really sounds to me like you should get it because you're drawn to the color besides its very practical reasons. Personally, I love the color so much that the fingerprints don't bother me at all. It comes with a cloth and is very easy to wipe down.

So I say go for it! :girlsigh:

Just go for it woman!! You sounds as though you really love it! I bought the boetie wallet knowing it has quite a bit of vachetta but I loved it and it's soooo pwetty! I just keep it in the dustbag! You will find a way of getting over the marks if you love it that much!

I say go for it! I love my amarante vernis accessories. While they do have fingerprints on them, I find that I don't really notice them. Good luck with your decision!

Definitely check it out IRL if you haven't. I was dead-set on getting an Amarante Zippy but the fingerprint issue absolutely killed it for me; I ended up getting Bleu Nuit.

I'd personally go with the Rouge Fauviste simply because it didn't fingerprint as much when I checked it out in the store. Amarante is beautiful though, and if it's the one you really want I'm sure fingerprints will be a moot point. :biggrin:

It sounded you really like Amarante, I'd say go for it. I have a Sarah wallet in Rouge Fauviste, I love the color, but it catches fingerprints too, not so visible as Amarante (and most people don't notice it at all). So if they both have the fingerprints issues, why don't go for the one you really like, but if you know you'll be annoyed by the fingerprints, then don't buy it.

I have an amarante Sarah and couldn't stand the fingerprints for the first week. I got over the fingerprint issue fast though and I rarely bother to wipe it down haha. I almost bought the Sarah in RF over amarante, but RF was really unimpressive.... the color seems so flat in comparison. Pomme is a great alternative too, and it's actually my fav vernis color.