Vernis Advice

Kate1989

Jul 15, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm loving the look of the new camera pouch! I'm thinking I'd like to get one of these instead of a toiletry pouch because it can also be used as a mini bag if needed. So far I haven't had any vernis items though and I'm a bit worried about how it will wear over time. I'm not keen on the Amarante colour and I've heard light colours like the rb can develop discolouration/yellow patches over time from exposure to sun light, has anyone had this happen? Would it be better to wait for other colour options? I'd really prefer the camera pouch in empreinte but it may be too long to wait, if they even bring out an empreinte version at all. Also, with Vernis is chipping likely to happen eventually? If so roughly how long does it take to go that way?

TIA for any advice/thoughts! :smile:

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 471
Hi everyone, I'm loving the look of the new camera pouch! I'm thinking I'd like to get one of these instead of a toiletry pouch because it can also be used as a mini bag if needed. So far I haven't had any vernis items though and I'm a bit worried about how it will wear over time. I'm not keen on the Amarante colour and I've heard light colours like the rb can develop discolouration/yellow patches over time from exposure to sun light, has anyone had this happen? Would it be better to wait for other colour options? I'd really prefer the camera pouch in empreinte but it may be too long to wait, if they even bring out an empreinte version at all. Also, with Vernis is chipping likely to happen eventually? If so roughly how long does it take to go that way?

TIA for any advice/thoughts! :smile:
It really depends how you treat your items in all honesty. Some of my vernis items are 15 years old and no chips or discolouration.

Reactions: Kate1989
I need this bag. Is there anybody have picture picture of the bag inside?

Hi not sure if this link will work but I saw this video (not mine) of it on Facebook. I do really like rb but am just worried about the possibility of yellow blotches, but don't know how long I might have to wait for more colours to come out.

I had a problem with discolouration of the Vernis Rosewood in Ivory. It was a 2008 bag and I rarely use it because of the colour. Brought it out a few months ago and there's patches of yellow. I always keep it in a dust bag with its handles outside. Happened to my aunt's light grey Vernis piece too but she was lucky she could get a store credit but that was probably 10 years ago. Not today, reason given is wear and tear.

So I wouldn't spend my money on Vernis anymore unless it's a dark colour, like Amarante. Rosewood was luckily my first and only Vernis item.

I have small Vernis pieces over 10 years old in red, eggplant and dark pink which show no discoloration. I had a purse in light blue and a small wallet in a periwinkle and they eventually so color change. No more light colors in Vernis for me. But Vernis is known for its color problems too.

I love vernis but sad to say that i havent got a vernis bag yet. I heard that vernis, you must really take care of it. Colour transfer easily. I have a friend, she had a vernis bag in beige colour...she kept in the dust bag for few months. One day she removed the dust bag to see the bag...the yellow colour of the dust bag got transferred into her beige vernis bag, it became really dark yellow colour..the whole bag except for the handles... thats very scary :sad: