Vera Wang Lavender Flats

I too just bought a pair of VW flats and am having trouble w/ the elastic. I don't have wooden shoe trees, hoping to break them in over time. I am on day 2 of wearing them and they back elastic part kills my heel. Got them at Nordy's and the sales girl said if they hurt too much, I could return them. How many wears should I give them as a break in before considering returning? I don't want to keep them if they never get any better but I don't want to return them if this is just a common thing that will definitely get better after a certain number of wears.

I think by the 3rd or certainly the 4th time I wore mine (leather not satin) they were fine. Wear them once or twice more and if they still hurt exchange them for a half size larger.

^ i agree you should try to wear them at least another few times. i wore them in my apartment with thick socks the first few times and i think that helped. i've worn mine maybe 5 times and the heel is still a bit tight and causes some discomfort but i recently tried on a new pair in a different color and could immediately tell how softer and more comfortable my old ones were. i think they'll definitely soften up with more use. i have the regular leather ones. i've heard the patent ones take longer to break in.

Just found out how comfy VW flats are when a NR opened up near my house! Now I have a pair of VW boots, 2 pairs of lillian flats and a pair of black Luna flats on the way.....and this happened in 3 weeks! My feet are happy, my wallet is not! At least they were all on sale :smile:

Do their leather flats stretch a lot? I bough a 8.5 & 9's I'm inclined to go with the 8.5 because I bought a pair of Tory birch Eddie flats in 9 and after I broke them in they were too big. My feet are a 8.5 but sometimes I'll size up for extra room because my feet are wide.

I also wanted to post my find I got them from QVC the only color they have is black but they are on sale for $98!!! http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...cat=Fashion&cm_pla=Shoes&cm_ite=S5681-012-281

Just a word of advice....if one style of the VW Lavender flats doesn't work for you, try other ones. I had the Landyn and they were murder on my feet. I tried another style (shiny snake embossed leather vs. the previously sueded leather) and they were lightyears better. No break in time, no discomfort, immediately, I knew they were the ones for me so I would suggest trying different styles/leathers if you have a bad experience w/ the first pair....it is so worth it to try to find the one that works for your foot.

I just got a pair of patent latte from the NM sale. I sized up 1/2 size because I have a wide foot. The elastic in the back is terrible. I'm wearing them around with thick socks now to see if they will loosen up a bit. If not, I'm going to have to return them.

The back elastic is totally fine with me! The thing that kills me is the elastic near the front of the shoe. UGH!! I have worn my flats long enough to break them in, but I get red welts.

Are they discontinuing the Lillian? Everywhere I look it seems they have limited sizes and are on sale (not that the sale part is a bad thing). Is this just an end of the season thing or are they...gasp...getting rid of the Lillian?

I got a pair of gold snake lillians that I got in my true size 7 last year, but still haven't worn them, because they were sooo tight whenever I tried them on. Today, I stumbled upon this thread again and am inspired to try breaking them in this year! I'm thinking of getting some shoe trees to stretch them out a little bit and hope that helps a lot. I also got a pair of Luna in Tmoro from Nordies Rack last night, but am unsure if I will be keeping them. Will try them both out and let ya'll know ;)

Are they discontinuing the Lillian? Everywhere I look it seems they have limited sizes and are on sale (not that the sale part is a bad thing). Is this just an end of the season thing or are they...gasp...getting rid of the Lillian?
I don't think they're going anywhere, but retailers are just clearing out their 2011 stock.

Hi! Ive always wanted to have VW lunas. Unfortunately its nowhere to find in my country. I found lunas on sale at neiman marcus. Can anyone help me with the sizing? Im true 6 but i wore 6.5 on my Revas. Im dying to get a pair of lunas. I really fell inlove with it.

Hi! Ive always wanted to have VW lunas. Unfortunately its nowhere to find in my country. I found lunas on sale at neiman marcus. Can anyone help me with the sizing? Im true 6 but i wore 6.5 on my Revas. Im dying to get a pair of lunas. I really fell inlove with it.

I have two pairs of Lunas and a couple pairs of other VW. They fit pretty close to normal size. I am a true 5.5, and my first pair was 5.5 but I find it just a smidge tight (have still worn for years and recently had the bottoms replaced), and recently bought a pair at Nordstrom Rack in a different color (a lilac color with a reptile print) in a 6 which fits more comfortably...hope they don't stretch out too much though. Have only worn the new ones couple times.

Love love the Lunas! But I am big on sparkly things! I almost bought an extra pair in black because I think they are discontinued. Ended up buying a different color, as I already mentioned.

Hope that helps!