Velvet Prada Pattina Arrived with Issues, need advice!

norahyah

Sep 26, 2006
Hi all! I’m new to the Prada forum but need some advice...

I just got this beautiful velvet Pattina shoulder bag from Net-a-Porter, but found some issues. IMG_4465.jpg

The chains were not properly covered during shipping so they left marks on the back of the bag. Do you think these will come out? They are actually a bit more obvious IRL.

IMG_4472.jpg

Also, the magnetic closure is lopsided. It is very clearly higher on the left side. Would you consider this a defect?

IMG_4477.jpg

I’m kind of thinking this bag need to go back, but I do really love the color combination! Would really appreciate some advice!

Unless you got a super dooper deal....send it back. What bothers you now will only escalate with time....especially when you see another bag you like/want more, in better shape, and you think of the money you spent on this one. It is a beautiful bag, love the colors. However, if you are questioning the purchase only means you aren't ecstatic, a feeling one should ALWAYS have with anything you put your money into. I'm old enough to have learned this lesson over and over. Don't wait till you hit my age, 64, look up at your closet of the 'things' you wish you hadn't kept! AND!!!! Then you add up the money and it will make you ill! Send it back!

Reactions: norahyah
Thank you for the advice! I agree.. and I have the problem that once I see the flaw it’s really hard for me to look past it (Unless I caused the flaw which I’m learning to recognize it as part of the story of the bag)!

I decided not to keep it.. But my friend’s husband saw it and want to buy it from me as a birthday present for his wife! He thinks the imperfection would actually help bc otherwise she might be to scared to carry it! I don’t mind letting him have it but I hope he is right!

How well do you know your friend. She 'might not' feel the same as you but there's a chance she will. Blame it on the mother/grandmother in me but I can't hold back.....I can think of too many negative scenarios. The only way I would go along with his plan is if she sees it in your presence before the return time is over. Or. He would have to understand this is a final sale.......you don't want to be left holding the bag.

I actually agree with him that she might feel more comfortable using the bag with a little defect. She is just starting to get into high end bags and recently bought a beautiful Chanel bucket bag but can hardly get herself to take it out because she’s afraid of damaging it. Myself I just have a hard time justifying the price of it wasn’t perfect!