Velo Bag - No Strap

langchacha

Jun 9, 2014
New here and could use some advice. I have the opportunity to buy a mint condition, authentic pre-owned Velo bag. But here's the catch...there is no shoulder strap bc the owner lost it. Do you think that this renders the bag essentially worthless? Seller told me to name my price (within reason). Dare I ask what others would offer?

Get it! Then just buy a strap somewhere. I actually bought a mint preowned Town and I use a chain strap with it most of the time and it's really cute. :smile:

I'm not a purist though but for a very good price, I'd do it.

Get it! Then just buy a strap somewhere. I actually bought a mint preowned Town and I use a chain strap with it most of the time and it's really cute. :smile:

I'm not a purist though but for a very good price, I'd do it.
Thank you so much for the advice! Now I just have to figure out what to offer... Looks like pre-owned ones with strap are selling in the $400-600 range.

New here and could use some advice. I have the opportunity to buy a mint condition, authentic pre-owned Velo bag. But here's the catch...there is no shoulder strap bc the owner lost it. Do you think that this renders the bag essentially worthless? Seller told me to name my price (within reason). Dare I ask what others would offer?
FYI there is currently a Blue Lazuli Velo on Ebay w/o strap and seller is asking $318 for it, so you can use that price as a guideline (unless of course that's the bag your considering!).
But no, the bag isn't worthless, unless you absolutely require a (matching) long strap to wear it crossbody. If you carry it over your forearm or use the handles, then consider this a good find.

FYI there is currently a Blue Lazuli Velo on Ebay w/o strap and seller is asking $318 for it, so you can use that price as a guideline (unless of course that's the bag your considering!).
But no, the bag isn't worthless, unless you absolutely require a (matching) long strap to wear it crossbody. If you carry it over your forearm or use the handles, then consider this a good find.

Thank you! Great info. Will check it out.