Velo and it's shape over time... please advise...

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
So I've purchased a Velo Balenciaga, and I really love the color, the way it's so versatile and the hw is tdf! My only concern is that it's so square??? I've wanted something North South Shaped rather than East West (city) so I went with the Velo, and now that she arrived she's so boxy like a square... Will she soften up and become more NW over time, or will she stay the same way? Does anybody have her and can you post a pic of how she looks after she's got some use? I don't know what to do, she is gorgeous color wise, and I won't be able to find her in a different shape (like day) in that color, so I have to know if her shape will change over time or not, hoping it will... Please advise, any experience with Velo is greatly appreciated! TIA!

It sounds like you bought GH and not RH, right?

The GH Velos are indeed more boxy than RH Velos. My RH Velo is drapey/slouchy on the sides and more rounded in shape. The GH Velos remain more structured due to the GH, much like the GH City versus the RH City.

I would think with regular use your Velo will soften and "give" a bit, but still retain a more boxy shape.

What color/hw combo did you get?!

roey said:
It sounds like you bought GH and not RH, right?

The GH Velos are indeed more boxy than RH Velos. My RH Velo is drapey/slouchy on the sides and more rounded in shape. The GH Velos remain more structured due to the GH, much like the GH City versus the RH City.

I would think with regular use your Velo will soften and "give" a bit, but still retain a more boxy shape.

What color/hw combo did you get?!

I bought the RH Metallic Argent Fonce from Bal.com; adore the color, its such a nice steel blue grey color and goes so well with my closet. I will try to upload pics as soon as I get my computer to work again, i'm on my cell right now using the purse forum app... So u think RH will slouch more over time? I love the shape of the town, it looked slouched in the store but the size is just a touch too small... If the velo could have a similar slouch i'd be on cloud 7... Lol

Just visited your reveal thread and your Velo does look a little more boxy than mine. Perhaps the leather is thicker? My Dark Night RH Velo has thinner leather which gives it a nice drape. My Barneys s/a wasn't a fan of the thinner leather when she sold it to me but I love it!

dnvelo008.jpg

How about the short handles, have you guys noticed them getting "longer" over time? I can fit it under my shoulder without jacket right now, but not with. I heard the RH city will eventually soften it's handles and fit under the shoulder, is that the same case for the velo?

I only have 1 Velo, a Seigle RH & I love it to death. It had been my travel companion lately & it's getting so lazy, slouchy & silky. I don't know if the straps have stretched, it fits on my shoulder comfortably & where I live & went is tropical, so no heavy coats. I don't really mind carrying my Bals by the hook of my arm or the long strap when I go to NY during winter time. The square shape of the Velo doesn't bother me either. It still looks great on plus you get more room.

Stop worrying about small little things, if you love it, just enjoy it, then it is worth the money you spent on it.

My Velo has dropped a lot since purchasing it, and it is the Holiday Bordeaux Leather with mGH, that everyone is complaining is stiff. These bags will definitely soften up, OP: if my firm Holiday leather has already begun to drop at the corners, your beautiful agneau one will, too.