Food Vegan & Vegetarian Food

We went to Old Town today for the first time in a really long (at least a year, maybe two) time and everything worked out perfectly; easy parking, no line, seat in the shade, you name it. I had this super yummy (and huge) black bean burrito. :peace:
PS. I am having some fun exploring the smilies list today. :sunnies:
Super yum & too funny/you are making me smile big & laugh DM as I saw in another thread & commented earlier this morning that i noticed your new emoji use!! :clap: :tup::hbeat:

We had a little party with a Persian theme, half catered and half made by me. I love partially catered events, it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable and I can spend some time with the guests.
We had Persian sweet rice with pistacios, almonds, honey carrots, cherries and rose water, an eggplant and tahini dish, an eggplant and tomato dish, 2 salads, Persian bread with hummus (topped with a swirl of very good olive oil) and Greek yogurt (I sprinkled zatar over the top), tabbouli, and a delicious berry cream cake.
View attachment 4134827
View attachment 4134828
View attachment 4134829
View attachment 4134830
View attachment 4134836
Damn nicole, is this party still going on cause I’d like to come!!!:graucho::PRude me, i know! All looks AMAZING!:heart:

Hi dearest V&V friends (don’t get mad at me as I’m spotting sweet @fally ....been a while girlie, hope life is great! & also sweet @Iamminda if you are almost back). Hubs & I are doing great/MUCH better this time around w/ our Vegetarian diet/lifestyle. I think I figured out the mistakes last time that made me gain weight because happily this time I’m able to continue losing a few more pounds. Made this box pasta last night & we both really liked it. I did not add the 1/4 cup olive oil per instructions to save some calories. We are also hooked on these tofu dumplings so we now have 1 night a week dedicated to tofu dumpling/pasta combo w/ some greens. :wave:

Attachments

• 4E0FA5A2-015E-4CC3-9C8E-EBED7E1CD06F.jpeg
    4E0FA5A2-015E-4CC3-9C8E-EBED7E1CD06F.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 514619CF-46B6-4A10-8982-FF128E3E3C3B.jpeg
    514619CF-46B6-4A10-8982-FF128E3E3C3B.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 8967B710-D7A9-494E-9E75-548374120448.jpeg
    8967B710-D7A9-494E-9E75-548374120448.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 71
Hi dearest V&V friends (don’t get mad at me as I’m spotting sweet @fally ....been a while girlie, hope life is great! & also sweet @Iamminda if you are almost back). Hubs & I are doing great/MUCH better this time around w/ our Vegetarian diet/lifestyle. I think I figured out the mistakes last time that made me gain weight because happily this time I’m able to continue losing a few more pounds. Made this box pasta last night & we both really liked it. I did not add the 1/4 cup olive oil per instructions to save some calories. We are also hooked on these tofu dumplings so we now have 1 night a week dedicated to tofu dumpling/pasta combo w/ some greens. :wave:
This looks so good and how awesome on your health improvement, etc. :flowers:
Btw, in response to your previous comment....I don't know why it took me this long to explore the other emoji's, as they sure are fun. :broom:

Reactions: fally and Kendie26

Hello my darling @Kendie26 :smooch: loving all of your posts my friend. I am so so very sorry that I have been M.I.A. from tpf. My little one has placed me on a time out:giggle: . DD and my DH were taunting me about ignoring them whilst being on tpf :facepalm: so I figured I'd spend more time with them until school resumes again, hopefully I can master the art of multitasking.:panic::giggle:

I need to get my hands on your vegan dumplings hun asap.:tup::drool:

Missing all of my darlings @Dextersmom :love: @GeorginaLavender :hbeat: @Iamminda :hugs::loveeyes: @Bibi25260 ::chatty::cloud9: @shopgirl4cc :hbeat: @nicole0612 :heart::flowers: and all the amazing women who I've not listed of course please forgive me :wave:

Last edited:
Hello my darling @Kendie26 :smooch: loving all of your posts my friend. I am so so very sorry that I have been M.I.A. from tpf. My little one has placed me on a time out:giggle: . DD and my DH were taunting me about ignoring them whilst being on tpf :facepalm: so I figured I'd spend more time with them until school resumes again, hopefully I can master the art of multitasking.:panic::giggle:

Missing all of my darlings @Dextersmom :love: @GeorginaLavender :hbeat: @Iamminda :hugs::loveeyes: @Bibi25260 ::chatty::cloud9: @shopgirl4cc :hbeat: @nicole0612 :heart::flowers: and all the amazing women who I've not listed of course please forgive me :wave:
:yahoo: @fally you're back!! I'm very happy to see you on the Forum again!! And I hope we will see you more around when you figured out the multitasking ;) :heart::flowers:

Reactions: Kendie26 and fally

Hi K. The pasta and dumplings look so delicious. I really want to try the dumplings if I can find them since I like tofu, dumplings and Thai food. Congrats to you and your DH for doing so well with your new diet. That is fantastic. I saw on the other thread that you have lost weight and need new clothes or can’t wear your old clothes (so envious since I am going the opposite direction on the scale :sad:, had to buy bigger shorts for my trip :sad:). Anyways, so happy for you that you are doing well and feeling great with your new diet/lifestyle — keep up the good work dear friend. I am home now and am slowly catching up. Have a good weekend :smile:

Hi fally. So happy to see your posts and have you back — you have been missed. Totally understand why you have been MIA and want to spend more time with your DH and DD (I wish my DD would want to spend more time with me but she is so ready to leave the nest :sad:). Anyways, good to see you dear fally. Enjoy your summer and see you soon :smile:

Hi fally. So happy to see your posts and have you back — you have been missed. Totally understand why you have been MIA and want to spend more time with your DH and DD (I wish my DD would want to spend more time with me but she is so ready to leave the nest :sad:). Anyways, good to see you dear fally. Enjoy your summer and see you soon :smile:

Oh my beautiful friend @Iamminda :love::hugs:I am so sorry that your lovely DD is already thinking about leaving the nest. We have each other if you ever want an ole gal to hang with :smooch: I was telling my DD just a few hours ago that I cannot imagine what it would be like when she has to leave as well. DH chimed in and said "what?!, She isn't going anywhere, then embraced her.

I really missed you as well my sweet friend, are you currently still traveling? Hope you are enjoying the rest of it sweetheart with your lovely family. Wishing you the best B-Day month ever and sending you lots of hugs as well as kisses. :party:

Oh my beautiful friend @Iamminda :love::hugs:I am so sorry that your lovely DD is already thinking about leaving the nest. We have each other if you ever want an ole gal to hang with :smooch: I was telling my DD just a few hours ago that I cannot imagine what it would be like when she has to leave as well. DH chimed in and said "what?!, She isn't going anywhere, then embraced her.

I really missed you as well my sweet friend, are you currently still traveling? Hope you are enjoying the rest of it sweetheart with your lovely family. Wishing you the best B-Day month ever and sending you lots of hugs as well as kisses. :party:

Thanks kindly sweet fally. Yep, i am back from my trip. It’s good to be back home. Yes please enjoy your special time with young fally. I hope she will always stay sweet and close to you and she won’t be affected by the teen years like many teens.

Hi K. The pasta and dumplings look so delicious. I really want to try the dumplings if I can find them since I like tofu, dumplings and Thai food. Congrats to you and your DH for doing so well with your new diet. That is fantastic. I saw on the other thread that you have lost weight and need new clothes or can’t wear your old clothes (so envious since I am going the opposite direction on the scale :sad:, had to buy bigger shorts for my trip :sad:). Anyways, so happy for you that you are doing well and feeling great with your new diet/lifestyle — keep up the good work dear friend. I am home now and am slowly catching up. Have a good weekend :smile:
:party: welcome back sweetest IM!! Hope you had the time of your lives exploring T!! Hopefully you can find the tofu dumplings (they sell them in our local Giant grocery store)

A few shared plate dishes we had last night at 1 of our fave local restaurants (if any of you visit my area, you must go to Honey!...they have lots of vegan & vegetarian plates. Watermelon gazpacho tiny drink when they seated us w/ menus. Cheese/fig/walnut plate....mini risotto cakes...veggie quesadilla & the favorite chocolate/peanut butter dessert plate:heart:

Attachments

• B477ABE7-FC16-47AE-AC3A-DB27250E43A7.jpeg
    B477ABE7-FC16-47AE-AC3A-DB27250E43A7.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 40
  • E501736D-D6C0-4824-8C28-98495EAF1A92.jpeg
    E501736D-D6C0-4824-8C28-98495EAF1A92.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 7CCC310C-660C-422D-9CC0-60E2801CE2B7.jpeg
    7CCC310C-660C-422D-9CC0-60E2801CE2B7.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 742E0CBA-7E14-4442-93A0-99784F5C3CDD.jpeg
    742E0CBA-7E14-4442-93A0-99784F5C3CDD.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 38
  • 2B1B9F7C-580E-420C-8183-13B94CB188E9.jpeg
    2B1B9F7C-580E-420C-8183-13B94CB188E9.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
A few shared plate dishes we had last night at 1 of our fave local restaurants (if any of you visit my area, you must go to Honey!...they have lots of vegan & vegetarian plates. Watermelon gazpacho tiny drink when they seated us w/ menus. Cheese/fig/walnut plate....mini risotto cakes...veggie quesadilla & the favorite chocolate/peanut butter dessert plate:heart:
Looks super yummy!! :heart::heart:
Thanks kindly sweet fally. Yep, i am back from my trip. It’s good to be back home. Yes please enjoy your special time with young fally. I hope she will always stay sweet and close to you and she won’t be affected by the teen years like many teens.
:welcome: home IM. :smooch: