VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I can usually be found on the Hermes thread, but I've been following along here for quite some time, admiring your beautiful pieces/collections and wondering what I could add to my currently small jewelry collection. I am looking for pieces that can be worn nearly everyday, especially with a baby on the way. I take good care of my things and I'm not worried about regular wear and tear on items, so I wouldn't be deterred from wearing stones or the guilloche pieces daily. I will soon have a rose gold Patek that I will wear daily and my engagement and wedding ring set is rose gold as well. I tend to like rose gold best, but do have diamond studs and earrings with white gold and other jewelry in yellow gold.

That being said, I would like my first pieces to be the VA PG letterwood earrings and 5 motif bracelet. I found a lovely SA yesterday in another state, and I ordered the last pair of earrings in the US and she is doing a worldwide search for the bracelet. I hope she can find it and this can be my first set from VCA! After that, I really love the VA PG GMOP and pave alternating 5 motif bracelet, but I think it will be good to see how often I wear the letterwood bracelet before adding the one with pave to my collection. I like the guilloche and blue agate pieces and will consider those for the future. I am also interested in a necklace that I can wear everyday. I currently wear a thin gold chain with gold evil eye and fish charms, from my Mom and sister. I saw a picture of someone wearing the PG sweet Alhambra 16 motif necklace doubled, and I think that would be a pretty piece to layer with other jewelry that I don't have to take off every night.

I am open to suggestions and thoughts, and I am so happy I took the step to add the first of many VCA pieces to my burgeoning bag collection yesterday! Can't wait for the earrings to arrive and to try them on!

Suggest going to VCA and trying a lot of different pieces on and see what items stand out for you. I have found some pieces are gorgeous in pics or on others then blah on me. The sweets especially are too small on me but on other members here they look amazing. Then from there build your wish list.
I find the sold gold and diamond pieces are the easiet to wear as a mom of little kids since I do not worry about them getting wet and little fingers all over them. However, the stones are soooooo beautiful!
On the other thread you had mentioned getting larger diamond studs, as an alternative you could get pave/diamond VCA earrings. There are so many beautiful styles and they would give you an alternative look to your current studs.
Have fun deciding!

I would go for this magic instead of the SO. It still has a similar neckline but adds variety, and is so much more interesting! It looks stunning on you.
Thanks! I think I am leaning towards the magic, but I did not like it the first time I tried it on since I was wearing the wrong neckline. So that is making me hesitate and want to stick with what works.

I would love opinions on what necklace I should get necklace. I currently have the yg 10 motif necklace which I wear most days with diamond studs. I find the 10 motif goes with most of my necklines. I plan to get the 10 motif blue agate, but NO idea when I will be able to purchase. I am consider doing a SO for a YG 10 motif grey MOP OR getting the yg 6 motif magic. I love both. I am confused on whether I should just do the SO and stick with the necklace that works well for me now or switch it up and add variety with the magic. I for sure want to stick with yg since I have yg pave frivoles and plan to get the yg pave motifs. Thoughts???

Here is a pic of me with the yg magic.

I've tried the 6-motif necklace a few times and although I absolutely love it, I fear that it may wear me rather than me wearing it, IYKWIM. I am very small and small-boned too, so this looks a little too big on me. I think also it might restrict neckline options. So, I've decided that the Magic pendant, although on the larger side, suits me better.

My thinking is that if you are used to the 10-motif and find that it works on you, I'd stick to that.

Others on here, however, have the 6-motif and it looks AMAZING on them!! I really think it varies from individual to individual. If I were you, I'd go and try it a few times, with different outfits and see how it looks and how you feel.

Good luck deciding and come back and post pics afterwards!:smile:

I would love opinions on what necklace I should get necklace. I currently have the yg 10 motif necklace which I wear most days with diamond studs. I find the 10 motif goes with most of my necklines. I plan to get the 10 motif blue agate, but NO idea when I will be able to purchase. I am consider doing a SO for a YG 10 motif grey MOP OR getting the yg 6 motif magic. I love both. I am confused on whether I should just do the SO and stick with the necklace that works well for me now or switch it up and add variety with the magic. I for sure want to stick with yg since I have yg pave frivoles and plan to get the yg pave motifs. Thoughts???

Here is a pic of me with the yg magic.
This looks incredible on you!!

Reactions: lynne_ross
Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I know a lot of people have expressed interest in the VCA 6 Motif magic necklaces. eBay seller tetianausa is currently selling two, as well as several other VCA items.

All are very high priced.

At least one--the TE 5-motif Alhambra bracelet is FAKE--haven't looked at the others. But the fact one is fake eads me to believe the other purportedly authentic "VCA," items she's selling are counterfeit as well.

In case anyone is tempted, please be careful.

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I know a lot of people have expressed interest in the VCA 6 Motif magic necklaces. eBay seller tetianausa is currently selling two, as well as several other VCA items.
Good stuff!!

On another note, I met up with some old new friends at VCA and we were louder than the lion dance outside!

I tried on this beauty and saw other beauties. Now, I am in so much trouble, pining for this!

Attachments

• 2F5F4D3F-BA21-4978-AD95-1799D56D83D7.jpeg
    2F5F4D3F-BA21-4978-AD95-1799D56D83D7.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 571
Thanks! I think I am leaning towards the magic, but I did not like it the first time I tried it on since I was wearing the wrong neckline. So that is making me hesitate and want to stick with what works.

I can totally understand that. Take your time, as VCA is great with letting us go in and try things on multiple times before making any decision. If you feel the magic may not suit your necklines and you don't reach for it, then it may not be the right choice no matter how stunning it is!

You'll know when you know. I think I don't pick VCA... VCA picks me. lol. If you are leaning towards it... that feeling will stay with you until you commit to it... Take your time... and again... you'll know.
"J!m"

You'll know when you know. I think I don't pick VCA... VCA picks me. lol. If you are leaning towards it... that feeling will stay with you until you commit to it... Take your time... and again... you'll know.
"J!m"

I completely agree with this!
It took me two years of deciding to get my YG pave frivole earrings - it was right when it was right. Once you know, you won't stop thinking about it ! That's when it's time to make the purchase. :smile:

I completely agree with this!
It took me two years of deciding to get my YG pave frivole earrings - it was right when it was right. Once you know, you won't stop thinking about it ! That's when it's time to make the purchase. :smile:
I know, right ?!? I love the emotional feeling you get when you meet the right piece of jewelry... You can't stop thinking about it and picture your life with it. I find myself courting it by going to the boutique and trying it on, going online to see it every chance I get... I might run it by people for approval or confirmation, or keep the thought to myself. And then the moment of truth... when you actually get it... OMG ! Just like in a relationship with a person... get to know it, court it, find out who you are with it and without it, will it add happiness and value to you and your life, what you expect from it and what it's worth to you. Your wealth, health and happiness is all that truly matters.
"J!m"

I know, right ?!? I love the emotional feeling you get when you meet the right piece of jewelry... You can't stop thinking about it and picture your life with it. I find myself courting it by going to the boutique and trying it on, going online to see it every chance I get... I might run it by people for approval or confirmation, or keep the thought to myself. And then the moment of truth... when you actually get it... OMG ! Just like in a relationship with a person... get to know it, court it, find out who you are with it and without it, will it add happiness and value to you and your life, what you expect from it and what it's worth to you. Your wealth, health and happiness is all that truly matters.
"J!m"

Lovely post
So true [emoji173]️

Reactions: jimmie staton
"J!m"

Sometimes I go in and visit "my," jewelry. It helps to visit, wait a while and see how you feel.
It's too expensive to be an impulse purchase; especially if you think you'll regret it in the morning!