VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I have the Vintage Alabama pendant in carnelian on my wish list for the longest time, and I was planning to get it in December. I called the South Coast Plaza store to confirm the price increase, and it is true. So, the pendant I want is going from $2550 to $2850. I am going to buy it, but I will not open it until December.
Just wanted to share a very small piece of information.
Hi, Riquita, do you know the new price for Frivole earrings? I wonder whether Frivole collection also increases?

I have a question! I was stalking older VCA threads here and read how some users customize their items - what do PFers things about this? I read a thread where 3 motif earrings were shortened and the extra clovers made into studs, and another where the magic charm from the magicbAlhambra bracelet was removed to make a long pendant (chain supplied by VCA) but the user's own jeweller made the bale. Is this common? I feel like doing this now for more "value" since I could make a long and short pendant necklace from the two charms hanging from the magic Alhambra 5 motif bracelet.... thoughts anymore? Would VCA make these customizations fo me? Or would it be a private/personal jeweller hat would have to do it? Hmmm so many choices and I don't even own one piece of VCA yet!!

I have a question! I was stalking older VCA threads here and read how some users customize their items - what do PFers things about this? I read a thread where 3 motif earrings were shortened and the extra clovers made into studs, and another where the magic charm from the magicbAlhambra bracelet was removed to make a long pendant (chain supplied by VCA) but the user's own jeweller made the bale. Is this common? I feel like doing this now for more "value" since I could make a long and short pendant necklace from the two charms hanging from the magic Alhambra 5 motif bracelet.... thoughts anymore? Would VCA make these customizations fo me? Or would it be a private/personal jeweller hat would have to do it? Hmmm so many choices and I don't even own one piece of VCA yet!!

Bee-licious, if you have your personal jeweller work on any piece, VCA will NOT work on it if there is a quality issue with the piece.

They will also NOT do those customizations as you wish, since it is changing the intrinsic design/integrity of the piece.

On a side note, if you do choose to make the changes through a personal jeweller, and you wish to sell in the future, it renders the "VCA" name of the piece useless.

Hey Rami, is that the 16 motif necklace you are wearing? It looks like the 10 motif. Just curious. It looks beautiful on you. How do you decide to get YG or WG for your pieces? Again just curious.
Hey babe! You are right. it's the 10 motifs. I just attached the pics available on my phone at the time. I naturally gravitate to white gold than yellow. My wardrobe is all neutral and there is something so chic and elegant to pair neutrals and white gold, to me.
What on your wishlist?

Bee-licious, if you have your personal jeweller work on any piece, VCA will NOT work on it if there is a quality issue with the piece.

They will also NOT do those customizations as you wish, since it is changing the intrinsic design/integrity of the piece.

On a side note, if you do choose to make the changes through a personal jeweller, and you wish to sell in the future, it renders the "VCA" name of the piece useless.
This is good to know, thank you Hadassa! I don't think I would ever resell my jewelry but I definitely don't want to lose the warranty/repair services of VCA if I customize my pieces! I'm so glad I asked! I always wondered because it seems like some members here do customize their own pieces but I guess it is at their own risk. Thanks again Hadassa!

Reactions: HADASSA
Ladies I have a question...

I just got a Lucky Alhambra bracelet and it is a little too long to wear as bracelet (it's better if I wear it as part of a necklace). So I am thinking about getting it shortened. However, I am wondering if it will impact its resell value? Not that I will sell it but it will makes me feel bad if it will lose some value...

Well another part of my consideration is if it's shortened it will impact my necklace's length... just such a dilemma!

I popped into a boutique today and tried a few things. I seldom wear bracelets, but on a whim tried on a Perlee pearls of gold bracelet. I know that there are some tpfers who weren't excited by the design (me included !) , but I really loved it on. Has anyone else here tried it?
I have seen this at my boutique but did not try it on.
While I like the concept of another perlee bracelet, I prefer stacking several perles d'or bracelets instead.
I did not love this IRL but it could have been the lighting or because there are so many other pieces that wow me.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing sbelle. I am excited to try it on one day soon. Is it very heavy?

It is not very heavy but it does have a nice weight.

I have seen this at my boutique but did not try it on.
While I like the concept of another perlee bracelet, I prefer stacking several perles d'or bracelets instead.
I did not love this IRL but it could have been the lighting or because there are so many other pieces that wow me.

I understand completely! Because I am not really one to wear bracelets I think I was drawn to the elegant simplicity of it. It is certainly not a wow like the perlee clover or perlee with diamonds, but I think it might be just perfect for me . Santa, are you listening ?

Reactions: TankerToad
Yesterday I visited my boutique in Chicago, and indeed like you fellow tpfers told me they had plenty of items in my size (maybe scheduling an appointment also helped).
I ended up getting a turquoise & diamond Perlee ring, and though it may not be as popular among many, I find it so stunning. There is a dark part of me that secretly wishes for it to be price-skyrocketed, so that I would be able to appraise my foreseeing and wisdom lol

Yesterday I visited my boutique in Chicago, and indeed like you fellow tpfers told me they had plenty of items in my size (maybe scheduling an appointment also helped).
I ended up getting a turquoise & diamond Perlee ring, and though it may not be as popular among many, I find it so stunning. There is a dark part of me that secretly wishes for it to be price-skyrocketed, so that I would be able to appraise my foreseeing and wisdom lol
Pic?

I popped into a boutique today and tried a few things. I seldom wear bracelets, but on a whim tried on a Perlee pearls of gold bracelet. I know that there are some tpfers who weren't excited by the design (me included !) , but I really loved it on. Has anyone else here tried it?

No but my SA just sent me these pics. Probably trying to tempt me before the increase IMG_1506145280.579438.jpgIMG_1506145289.345395.jpg