VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I just hate that bracelet. I would also only be interested in the earrings. And I'm extremely surprised there is coral!!!
I asked my SA to bring in all the WG turquoise pieces from this collection, and every time I tried on a piece, he wrinkled his nose.
When I put the bangle on, he was honest and said definitely not. He said it looked like a David Yurman bangle. Too funny. :biggrin: :heart:

I am sure this collection will appeal to some folks. I will say, the models make these pieces look great which is why I wanted to try them on. They don't look great on me though, they were neither here nor there on me.

I asked my SA to bring in all the WG turquoise pieces from this collection, and every time I tried on a piece, he wrinkled his nose.
When I put the bangle on, he was honest and said definitely not. He said it looked like a David Yurman bangle. Too funny. :biggrin: :heart:

I am sure this collection will appeal to some folks. I will say, the models make these pieces look great which is why I wanted to try them on. They don't look great on me though, they were neither here nor there on me.
I just bought the turquoise earrings, and even though I had the backs replaced, I still cannot wear them because the pointed post and notch catch inside my earlobe rather than coming through!!! I wish I could wear them!

Some eye candy from Vendome a few weeks ago! and some Bulgari for @880 :smile:

I also saw the gold MOP collection, and honestly not impressed. The rg gmop alternating set is way more stunning (even my boyfriend agreed with this one).

View attachment 5584095

View attachment 5584096

View attachment 5584097

View attachment 5584098

View attachment 5584099

View attachment 5584100
Awwh, thank you for the tag and the thought! How gorgeous! :smile:

@BigAkoya , I can definitely see the analogy to the David yurman bangle

@DS2006 , i have a hard time trying on VCA earrings too :sad:

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006 and BigAkoya
I just bought the turquoise earrings, and even though I had the backs replaced, I still cannot wear them because the pointed post and notch catch inside my earlobe rather than coming through!!! I wish I could wear them!
Maybe sell them, cut your losses, and use the money toward something else? If you want turquoise, maybe the Sweets? Or is that too small for you? Or... put the funds toward a WG MOP 20 or Perlee Clover. :biggrin: :heart:

I've purchased earrings that were difficult to wear or didn't look right on my ears. I just got rid of them; I hated looking at them and seeing the money I wasted. They are now gone! Out of my sight! I didn't waste any money! What earrings? :biggrin::heart:

I have the BTF WG / Turquoise ring and I like it a great deal. I wear it with Sweet Alhambra WG turquoise earrings an the Magic WG turquoise pendant and it looks lovely as a set. But I would not get the bracelet.
That sounds like a lovely set. Did you try the bracelet? It might look fabulous on you.
Here is a photo for inspiration. I fell in love with her turquoise set... the dot earrings, bracelet, and BTF ring. It's so fabulous on her, and I thought certainly it will look fabulous on me too! :nuts: :heart: Nope... not fabulous on Big Akoya. :sad:

1659922747897.png

Can they change the posts for you? Such a shame not to wear them
I actually sent them in because the La Pousette backs just didn't work for me, plus I had the problem with getting the posts through my lobes. I assumed they'd replace the posts and backs, but they sent them back with the original posts and large butterfly backs. The backs are great. But at this point, I'd probably have to pay for new posts. I honestly just haven't worn them since they were returned to me (or at all, for that matter).
Maybe sell them, cut your losses, and use the money toward something else? If you want turquoise, maybe the Sweets? Or is that too small for you? Or... put the funds toward a WG MOP 20 or Perlee Clover. :biggrin: :heart:

I've purchased earrings that were difficult to wear or didn't look right on my ears. I just got rid of them; I hated looking at them and seeing the money I wasted. They are now gone! Out of my sight! I didn't waste any money! What earrings? :biggrin::heart:
I probably should let them go rather than try to get new posts. There must be people who don't have the problem I have or else they would have changed them by now! The only thing is, I got them to change the backs to large butterfly backs which I vastly prefer, but someone else might not want those. So I am not exactly sure how it would work out.

I actually sent them in because the La Pousette backs just didn't work for me, plus I had the problem with getting the posts through my lobes. I assumed they'd replace the posts and backs, but they sent them back with the original posts and large butterfly backs. The backs are great. But at this point, I'd probably have to pay for new posts. I honestly just haven't worn them since they were returned to me (or at all, for that matter).

I probably should let them go rather than try to get new posts. There must be people who don't have the problem I have or else they would have changed them by now! The only thing is, I got them to change the backs to large butterfly backs which I vastly prefer, but someone else might not want those. So I am not exactly sure how it would work out.
I think you can get longer posts for free. I had to send in my Lotus earrings three times as every time they fixed one thing, they messed up something else. One of those times, they gave me a longer posts which I do not want as they stuck out so far it looked goofy. All this was done free, so if you still like the earrings, I would ask them to give you a longer post.

If you no longer like them and want to sell them, I would just ask to swap back to the La Pousette. I think it would be worth doing even if you have to pay for the backs. That way, the earrings will be in its original form and ready for sale.

My guess is some buyers are super picky about anything custom for fear they are fake (e.g. different backs, soldered post), so you will get more money if you switch it back to the original La Pousette.

This is also a good time to sell as everyone is now getting brainwashed by VCA on Couleurs, so there will be lots of excitement and increased demand in the resale market.

I think you can get longer posts for free. I had to send in my Lotus earrings three times as every time they fixed one thing, they messed up something else. One of those times, they gave me a longer posts which I do not want as they stuck out so far it looked goofy. All this was done free, so if you still like the earrings, I would ask them to give you a longer post.

If you no longer like them and want to sell them, I would just ask to swap back to the La Pousette. I think it would be worth doing even if you have to pay for the backs. That way, the earrings will be in its original form and ready for sale.

My guess is some buyers are super picky about anything custom for fear they are fake (e.g. different backs, soldered post), so you will get more money if you switch it back to the original La Pousette.

This is also a good time to sell as everyone is now getting brainwashed by VCA on Couleurs, so there will be lots of excitement and increased demand in the resale market.
Good idea about getting the other backs back! These posts do not screw in like Alhambra earrings, so they are already totally soldered into the back of the earring. I assume that is why they didn't change the posts as I expected. They are basically in new condition, so maybe someone would want them. I'll check with my SA regarding switching the backs.

I have the BTF WG / Turquoise ring and I like it a great deal. I wear it with Sweet Alhambra WG turquoise earrings an the Magic WG turquoise pendant and it looks lovely as a set. But I would not get the bracelet.
I love the BTF ring as well! It is by far my favorite piece and if it is released in more stone options I would purchase it.

Good idea about getting the other backs back! These posts do not screw in like Alhambra earrings, so they are already totally soldered into the back of the earring. I assume that is why they didn't change the posts as I expected. They are basically in new condition, so maybe someone would want them. I'll check with my SA regarding switching the backs.
Oh right! They are not height adjustable. Then yes, I would not deal with them anymore to make them work. I would just sell them.
It's a great time to sell with the new Perlee Couleurs launch. You are getting free marketing from VCA on these earrings!

I was also really surprised to see them use coral… not sure what they are thinking there.

I grew up in Queensland Australia. Coral is about as controversial as ivory!

The VCA stone info pages almost always give sourcing details… Not for coral, however. I wonder why? I’ll be texting my SA tomorrow to ask for more info.