VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Never leave your ring, bangle, whatever on the sink ledge! The safest pace is on your person (insert advice from Notorious Pink here where she keeps her jewels with her when she travels - I do the same). So many friends have lost many carats (not carrots) down the garbage disposal, left them behind in the hotel room, in a the public restroom, etc. When we travel, we are not in familiar surroundings and not in our usual routines so loss is even more of an issue.

when I’m not wearing the pieces, they go in the pouches in my purse. When I sleep the purse is right next to me. I’m a little ocd about it.

But someday I will tell you all about the piece of jewelry I lost recently and am still smarting over. It wasn’t my biggest or best, and it will be replaced, but now and then even I am an idiot.

(ETA: not only was I upset about losing it, I was additionally mad at myself for being upset about losing it.)

when I’m not wearing the pieces, they go in the pouches in my purse. When I sleep the purse is right next to me. I’m a little ocd about it.

But someday I will tell you all about the piece of jewelry I lost recently and am still smarting over. It wasn’t my biggest or best, and it will be replaced, but now and then even I am an idiot.

(ETA: not only was I upset about losing it, I was additionally mad at myself for being upset about losing it.)
This is what I do too when I travel - take off pieces and put in a pouch in my purse when not in use. When I was a kid my parents left a hotel room without my favourite stuff toy. They called just after we left from wherever we were and the hotel said it was gone already. Since then been very careful leaving hotel rooms and keeping my stuff packed up the whole time.

Still experimenting what my 6 motif carnelian/ tiger eye looks good with.
I wore it with an olive green dress & while the tiger eye muted some, the carnelian popped on the fabric. With a black v neck- amazing & beautiful on a cream boat neck shirt.
However, with a bright red v neck sweater, even though the necklace is on my skin, the necklace & top competed too much.

@lynne_ross sorry about your stuffed toy, happened to us as well and with medication too.
@Notorious Pink im sorry you lost a piece of jewelry

I am so sorry. I too have lost jewelry. It is crushing. The thought that it's somewhere--dropped behind a bed, in the car, never leaves. It can be agonizing. On the other hand, be thankful it's only jewelry--and not a person . . .
Be well.

Does anyone here have anything from the Perlée couleurs collection? I have searched the forum but I can't find much at all and they don't seem to be very popular. I'm really interested in choosing one of these pieces and would love any feedback anyone has about them :biggrin: TIA! I was looking at getting a Frivole piece, but I really like the Malachite in this design.
I have recently purchased my first VCA piece and its the Perlee Malachite necklace. It’s such a stunning piece!

I need your help. As I mentioned above that I recently purchased my first VCA piece which is the Perlee Malachite Necklace.

I want to add a bracelet that can be worn everyday without worry and after reading how delicate the stones are I’m honestly confused myself. I don’t know if I should get vintage 5-motif in guilloche, hammered gold or onyx (as I have heard its the sturdiest stone).

I feel Guilloche is too flashy for everyday or its just me? While Onyx is too dressy and formal. Malachite is uber sensitive yet the most stunning stone I ever laid my eyes on.

Here are some snaps of the bracelets I’ve tried on. Help me decide.

E2C0E28C-EF8F-4D0C-B2C6-36A065E0A380.jpeg

474AE3C0-890E-424F-B3A0-0516E6D3D619.jpeg
8FFFDEB5-DEF0-41DE-A564-52B89D75F1DE.jpeg

693F5BEC-FBD5-4DD6-B29A-C9C8C513C37C.jpeg