VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Hi! Not sure if you’re still looking for an answer, but I wear size 16 loves and 15 JUC. I was trying on various VCA bracelets, including the single row diamond perlee, last month and debating what to get and the three VCA bracelets in this pic are all XS. The three bracelets closest to my elbow are mine. All the XS VCA bracelets perfectly with size 16 love. My wrist measures just under 14”. Hope this helps!
View attachment 4962471
Thank you so much for your kind help @DA Club :flowers:

I was trying to confirm whether I needed the XS or SM. Did the XS feel too snug?

Yes the "rust" definitely does not look normal. I can see it on the other prong as well, just not as thickly caked yet.
This definitely looks defective to me.
Yes, now it does not look right with this rust :sad:
Oh, now, this is not good(
How can gold rust??? That seems so strange.
Could the chemical composition of the WG be reacting with the natural stone? I think you need to take this back to VCA. This is definitely NOT normal.

As an update, the SA noted the bracelet likely wasn’t cleaned properly and it shouldn’t be rust. We were able to exchange for another (not sure how she was able to locate one), but a happy ending nonetheless. Thank you again for all the comments! :smile:

Thank you so much for your kind help @DA Club :flowers:

I was trying to confirm whether I needed the XS or SM. Did the XS feel too snug?

On the website it says the XS is 5.51” circumference - I just measured my wrist and it’s 5.4”. You can see from the pic that it’s a little snug but both the Perlee signature and single diamond still can move up my wrist by about an inch - def not as much as my 16 love. 5.51” circumference basically equals a 14 love (if there was one). But because of the beads on the sides, it stacks flush with the 16 love and looks good together. Honestly, you should try them on cause you said your wrist is 5.5” so it might fit but you won’t be able to move it up and down and all.

I think the SM measures at 6.3”, which is closer to a size 16 love. My only issue when I tried it on, is that the beads on the sides of the perlees make it look larger, so it doesn’t sit as flush with the Cartier bracelets. Sorry for the long answer!

On the website it says the XS is 5.51” circumference - I just measured my wrist and it’s 5.4”. You can see from the pic that it’s a little snug but both the Perlee signature and single diamond still can move up my wrist by about an inch - def not as much as my 16 love. 5.51” circumference basically equals a 14 love (if there was one). But because of the beads on the sides, it stacks flush with the 16 love and looks good together. Honestly, you should try them on cause you said your wrist is 5.5” so it might fit but you won’t be able to move it up and down and all.

I think the SM measures at 6.3”, which is closer to a size 16 love. My only issue when I tried it on, is that the beads on the sides of the perlees make it look larger, so it doesn’t sit as flush with the Cartier bracelets. Sorry for the long answer!
Detailed explanations are always much appreciated :heart: :hugs:

I will have to wait for borders to reopen to be able to try on. But I think my conundrum is whether I choose to stack or wear alone.

Being on the borderline wrist measurement as per VCA (5.5”), I can do either XS or SM. It will just depend on how the bracelet is purposed and my comfort level with either size.

I measured my wrist at the widest part after the wristbone closer the hand to arrive at 5.5”. My 16 LOVES can go up my arm at least 1.75” from my wristbone itself and 0.75” - 1” towards the hand.

74877AA5-5896-478D-A874-287F3017D4EC.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880
You certainly can mix and match anything that you think looks good. I personally wouldn't combine those particular two, though. The solid gold pieces and the pave pieces go well with any other pieces that are set in the same metal.
Thank you! Are there any stones you recommend may go nicely with gmop in RG? I really like the stones as opposed to all metal, but I know color options in RG are limited unless you SO.

Thank you! Are there any stones you recommend may go nicely with gmop in RG? I really like the stones as opposed to all metal, but I know color options in RG are limited unless you SO.

A lot of people have had special order pieces made to match the rg gmop, such as 10 and 20 motif or the bracelet. I personally don't like to pay the extra SO cost, because sometimes they eventually add pieces to the regular line. They now have made the rg pave gray MOP earrings and bracelet, and the rg gmop long Magic pendant in addition to the vintage size pendant. I really think there's a chance they'll add the 5 motif bracelet to match your pendant. Nothing will go as well with it than the matching one, other than the solid rose gold. To wear a vintage Alhambra bracelet in a different metal and different stone would be hard to coordinate with your pendant.

Hey y’all! Can I get an opinion? I have a guilloche vintage necklace and am looking to pair a smaller necklace with it. Am debating between MOP sweet or frivole or maybe the carnelian sweet. Has anyone tried mixing metals (yellow gold/ rose gold) and how does it look? Also, any issues with tangling or scratches when layering? Thank you!View attachment 4956851
This looks so lovely on you! A carnelian sweet would look so cute stacked with this!

How do people feel about mixing and matching VCA? For example I only have a gray MOP vintage necklace in rose gold. I’d love to add a 5 motif WMOP bracelet in yellow gold. Could i wear the two at the same time?

Of course you can. You create your style. Nobody will judge you for mixing metals. VCA's rose gold and gold are so similar. I can hardly tell the difference especially in my older pieces. Wear what makes YOU happy and who cares what someone thinks about it!