VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me any disadvantages of lengthening a 10 motif Alhambra? If you have 2? Would you not lengthen or only do one or lengthen both? VCA will add I think 2 inches. Thanks !

I have lengthened 10 motifs because the 16 inch standard length is shorter than I like. When VCA lengthens they add equal amounts of chain between each motif, so that added amount between motifs is small. I have two 10 motif tigers eye and only added the additional length to one. When I wear the two attached together you cannot tell that they are not exactly the same.

I can't really think of a disadvantage-- I think it is just personal preference.

I have lengthened 10 motifs because the 16 inch standard length is shorter than I like. When VCA lengthens they add equal amounts of chain between each motif, so that added amount between motifs is small. I have two 10 motif tigers eye and only added the additional length to one. When I wear the two attached together you cannot tell that they are not exactly the same.

I can't really think of a disadvantage-- I think it is just personal preference.

ITA. I think it just gives you more options as you have 2 separate length 10 motifs and 1 20 motif. I even have an extension to make one of the 10 motifs longer. It really helps with layering if one is longer than the other. You can then wear them as two separate necklaces instead of one wrapped around 2x.

I spotted VCA on a celeb today if anyone is interested. On the show, The Talk, Sharon Osborne was wearing a 20 motif in red carnelian and the LE MOP single motif with diamond :cloud9: She has worn several vca pieces but this looks lovely together!

View attachment 2022198

I did a very bad thing today and bought myself another piece of Van Cleef! Had to add the blue porcelain pendant to my collection :smile:. Btw, next to the lapis, the color looks almost the same unless you look closely.

Congrats~~ Looks great!!! I guess you got it from Paris.
On Dec when I was in Paris, I was looking for it but it was sold out at the boutique T.T Where did you get it? Is it still available? It is so chic!

Thank you. That's what I needed to know. I was thinking of lengthening one and not the other. But wanted no problems when i wear them together.

ITA. I think it just gives you more options as you have 2 separate length 10 motifs and 1 20 motif. I even have an extension to make one of the 10 motifs longer. It really helps with layering if one is longer than the other. You can then wear them as two separate necklaces instead of one wrapped around 2x.
Just saw this......Thank you i will lengthen

I would appreciate all you experts' opinion and thoughts on this.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Cleef-A...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item3cce1dc94c

Is this really that sough after? From reading here, lapis might be reintroduced later, so is it really worth to take the plunge? Any thought is welcome. I am still quite new with VCA. Thank you.

Ty
While there is much anticipation for lapis but my sa keeps telling me that there is no buzz about re introducing lapis anytime soon. She is typically has great intel...

Status
Not open for further replies.