Vanity PM Owners - Any Regrets?

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Hi all. Been eyeing this bag pretty much all year and thinking of getting it. What's stopping me is the size. I don't typically buy mini bags but something about the Vanity PM just takes my breath away.

But will it hold my essentials? I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Will my phone fit inside comfortably with a Mini Pochette, cardholder and a key holder?
:flowers:
1603158701446.png

Anyone have regrets? Do you still love yours?

Thanks in advance

Have you seen it in person yet? I don't have a vanity pm, and have no desire to own one, as I found it small. I wouldn't call it a mini bag, more of a smaller crossbody. It's a pretty underwhelming bag imo, don't really understand the hype behind it.

From what I can remember, I was able to fit my phone, compact capucines wallet, car keys, and I squished in a 5"x7" pouch. As long as none of your slgs are thick/overstuffed, you should be able to fit all of them. I own a lot of bags that are roughly the same size as vanity pm, so I didn't want to get another one in a similar size. If you don't own any small crossbodies, the vanity pm will be a gamble for you. I think you'll either be ok with the size, or you might hate it when you realize you can't fit some extra things. I don't regret any of my small crossbodies, and they're still my favorite bags to own, just some days I wish they weren't so small.

I think the biggest con about the vanity is that when you actually fill the bag, it warps in a not so nice way. The weight of the bottom section drags down, because of gravity, so it makes the top look like it has a bulge or a hump(?). I don't really know how to describe it.

If you love vanity-style bags, I would consider Chanel. Chanel's vanity bags have more of a rigid + supported structure, unlike lv's soft canvas. You can fill and use a Chanel vanity without the bag looking misshapen. There are A LOT more vanity choices than Chanel's website shows, so if you're considering, I would go to a boutique. Other options are Coach Trail Bag and Hunting Season Trunk bag, which are pretty similar to the vanity pm's silhouette and dimensions, but both are hard case and at a fraction of the cost.

Hi all. Been eyeing this bag pretty much all year and thinking of getting it. What's stopping me is the size. I don't typically buy mini bags but something about the Vanity PM just takes my breath away.

But will it hold my essentials? I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Will my phone fit inside comfortably with a Mini Pochette, cardholder and a key holder?
:flowers:
View attachment 4883318

Anyone have regrets? Do you still love yours?

Thanks in advance
MrsJC, like the above poster says, it’ll be best if u can try out the bag for yourself. And yes, the zipper is not the easiest to handle, if u’re in a hurry. It certainly wasn’t a deal breaker for me though. In spite of that, I’m still absolutely in love with this bag.:love:

I can easily fit in my iPhone XS Max, a stuffed mini pochette, a coin card holder (or a zippy coin purse), a pack of gum, a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small tissue pack & my passport cover (which I use as an organizer).I also throw in my sunglasses (without a case) at the top. Even though it looks small, it does pack a lot.:smile:

If u’re looking for a crossbody bag, this may not work for u, because of the strap length. But again I’ve also seen people in this forum buy strap extenders to make it work as a crossbody. Like I said, it’ll be best if u can try it out first hand! Good luck with your decision.:flowers:

Thank you ladies for your input!

@daisy913 I have seen it in person but never got to try one on. The closest boutique to me is 3 1/2 hours away and because of Covid I have been staying away from cities. I will probably wait until I can physically try one and see how it functions with my stuff inside. I am pretty impatient when I need something in my bag so maybe the zipper will turn me off lol. Also I am clumsy so if my stuff spills out then that will probably be a dealbreaker.

I just think it's so cute..

I was in LOVE with the Vanity PM. Was heartbroken it was not available online and then an SA was able to order it for me and I was so happy. It's just a freakin' cute bag. Got lots of compliments on it. I did use it for a bit but I ended up selling it.

Annoying zipper - I ended up not using the lock, then put the zippers on each end of the bag (just before it curves) and just use the straight opening to stick my hand and get whatever I need. Of course, this made me worry about the front side of the bag and what I was doing to its shape, but this was the only way to get items easy in and out. Perhaps an organizer might make it more structured. Initially, this was okay with me but this combined with the chain issue made me regret the purchase.

Short chain - The Speedy BB ink chain was longer by a couple inches and it made it more comfortable to wear crossbody, just not sure why they couldn't do the same to Vanity PM. I am 5'2 and the Vanity PM sits basically right below my waist but above my hip. This was very uncomfortable. The only ways to wear the Vanity PM was over the shoulder and by hand. Had they made the chain just a tad bit longer, this was a keeper for me.

It's best to try it on in person I believe. I think had I tried it on in person (unfortunately it wasn't readily available in any stores at the time), I would have second-guessed myself before ordering with the SA.

Reactions: gagabag
I was in LOVE with the Vanity PM. Was heartbroken it was not available online and then an SA was able to order it for me and I was so happy. It's just a freakin' cute bag. Got lots of compliments on it. I did use it for a bit but I ended up selling it.

Annoying zipper - I ended up not using the lock, then put the zippers on each end of the bag (just before it curves) and just use the straight opening to stick my hand and get whatever I need. Of course, this made me worry about the front side of the bag and what I was doing to its shape, but this was the only way to get items easy in and out. Perhaps an organizer might make it more structured. Initially, this was okay with me but this combined with the chain issue made me regret the purchase.

Short chain - The Speedy BB ink chain was longer by a couple inches and it made it more comfortable to wear crossbody, just not sure why they couldn't do the same to Vanity PM. I am 5'2 and the Vanity PM sits basically right below my waist but above my hip. This was very uncomfortable. The only ways to wear the Vanity PM was over the shoulder and by hand. Had they made the chain just a tad bit longer, this was a keeper for me.

It's best to try it on in person I believe. I think had I tried it on in person (unfortunately it wasn't readily available in any stores at the time), I would have second-guessed myself before ordering with the SA.

I feel like I could be reading me-from-the-future's advice to me today... we're even the same height!

My concerns are size and zipper and as a crossbody girl I would want to get some kind of extender too.. all the downsides make me think that maybe I should skip on this bag after all. Such a shame. Did you end up getting something else after you sold it?

I feel like I could be reading me-from-the-future's advice to me today... we're even the same height!

My concerns are size and zipper and as a crossbody girl I would want to get some kind of extender too.. all the downsides make me think that maybe I should skip on this bag after all. Such a shame. Did you end up getting something else after you sold it?
I felt that the size was great for what it is. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and it fits in there no problem, along with my Victorine wallet, hand sanitizer, and sunglasses with room to spare (I normally don't carry a lot).

I had just received my preorder of the Speedy BB Monogram Ink around the time I was starting to regret my Vanity PM purchase. And after comparing them both and being very disappointed with the chain length especially, I ended up selling the Vanity PM. I found myself not using it especially after receiving the Speedy BB. And I am a firm believer of culling bags I don't use towards new things (have a World Tour Bumbag and a pre-loved like new Favorite MM DA coming in).

I did try on the Speedy BB chain with the Vanity PM and it made it less awkward on my body crossbody (but still a bit annoying), but my reasoning was - for 2540 plus tax, I should not have to use a different chain for this lovely bag. Nor spend 2600 to get a better chain that might work for this bag.

Hope this helps! It may sing a different tune to you if you get to try it on at a store. I know it's available a lot now.

Reactions: chellemg and mrs.JC
I have this bag and love it. However, as love it in spite of the finicky zipper. If that's the type of thing that is a deal breaker for you, you likely won't enjoy this bag. For me, I love it so much I don't mind. I use an organizer so don't have structure issues. I also prefer shoulder carry so it works for me. I am 5'2" and can wear it crossbody if I absolutely need to be hands free for a moment, but I agree it's an awkward length for that.

Reactions: mrs.JC
I LOVE my Vanity BB! It is SO fun to carry! Yes, the zipper is a bit annoying, but on the flip side, there is no vachetta so the bag looks new all of the time. I also have the Valisette and the Chanel vanity. The LV Vanity PM is my favorite!

Reactions: Bumbles
I felt that the size was great for what it is. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and it fits in there no problem, along with my Victorine wallet, hand sanitizer, and sunglasses with room to spare (I normally don't carry a lot).

I had just received my preorder of the Speedy BB Monogram Ink around the time I was starting to regret my Vanity PM purchase. And after comparing them both and being very disappointed with the chain length especially, I ended up selling the Vanity PM. I found myself not using it especially after receiving the Speedy BB. And I am a firm believer of culling bags I don't use towards new things (have a World Tour Bumbag and a pre-loved like new Favorite MM DA coming in).

I did try on the Speedy BB chain with the Vanity PM and it made it less awkward on my body crossbody (but still a bit annoying), but my reasoning was - for 2540 plus tax, I should not have to use a different chain for this lovely bag. Nor spend 2600 to get a better chain that might work for this bag.

Hope this helps! It may sing a different tune to you if you get to try it on at a store. I know it's available a lot now.

Thanks for your detailed review!
So applicable to me as I have the Speedy BB but still tempted about the Vanity PM!

Reactions: patty_o
Has anyone come across this bag?? I’ve been looking high and low for it. If yes please PM me. Thanks.

Attachments

• 4FB6D152-F522-4C9C-847B-9074C75AC66C.jpeg
    4FB6D152-F522-4C9C-847B-9074C75AC66C.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for the information!!! Ok that’s great information!!! Appreciate your super quick response!
You might want to try calling the 866 number to see if you can get a jump on it. Otherwise the official launch is Friday Nov. 6 and I am sure they will sell out immediately. You cannot wait and think about this collection because inventory is extremely tight.