Vanchetta lether scratch

mnk88

Apr 29, 2014
I took out my new Pochette métis to take photos. The bag fellled and the handle scratched the door beside(it was open). Big mistake. But when i look at the handle I see a scratch in the left side about 1 mm (2 mm the most) anf its a little glossy, It´s not that obvious but when youstand in the light you can see it if you´re picky. I´ts still a beautful bag and maybe I will be happy that nothing else happend to the bag. my question is only what will happening when the lether get patina? Will it be less obvious or more obvious with that scratch? now its a little bit glossy but the rest of the lether is not. Should i treat the lether with something? Its not that obvious on the photo but more in the real.

Attachments

• IMG_8992-2.JPG
    IMG_8992-2.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 116
Hi,
I feel you.... I scratched the side of the vachetta bottom of my classic Noe when it was a month old. I was freaking out :nuts:
Now its 11 1/2 months old and its fine. Yes- you can see it, but isn’t the beauty of these vachetta bags that they age with you?! :girlsigh: I like to think that we have scars and they do to...
I‘ll attach pictures here... there are actually two „scratches“ or „lines“ in the leather. The right one in the first picture was there from the beginning on. Its a natural product and maybe the cow this bags leather came from, came too close to a thorn fence once ...:amuse:
Dont worry - its not worth it! :idea: Enjoy your bag!

Attachments

• C885EF92-3375-458B-B52E-1C94EAC3E832.jpeg
    C885EF92-3375-458B-B52E-1C94EAC3E832.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 103
  • 0BDFB5E2-4F76-48EF-A9DA-7A6C8210FB90.jpeg
    0BDFB5E2-4F76-48EF-A9DA-7A6C8210FB90.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Mariapia and BULL
Hi,
I feel you.... I scratched the side of the vachetta bottom of my classic Noe when it was a month old. I was freaking out :nuts:
Now its 11 1/2 months old and its fine. Yes- you can see it, but isn’t the beauty of these vachetta bags that they age with you?! :girlsigh: I like to think that we have scars and they do to...
I‘ll attach pictures here... there are actually two „scratches“ or „lines“ in the leather. The right one in the first picture was there from the beginning on. Its a natural product and maybe the cow this bags leather came from, came too close to a thorn fence once ...:amuse:
Dont worry - its not worth it! :idea: Enjoy your bag!

sorry this is off topic but DamierEbene your patina is GORGEOUS!!!
To the OP I would leave it alone. I know it can be painful but it will blend in as it ages.