Van Cleef Aspen, Colorado

chicagocat

O.G.
Dec 25, 2012
I was in Aspen this weekend and visited the Van Cleef & Arpels boutique. The inventory is incredible and the shop is very quirky (hours of operation vary from day to day, sales associate was wearing workout leggings and snow boots, no sign of security). They also ship tax-free, too...
I just had to share my "find," and I'm curious to know if others have shopped the Aspen boutique. I bought the WG/ vintage Alhambra chalcedony one motif necklace. I wanted the magic long necklace but prefer the size of the vintage Alhambra. I plan to extend the WG chain with another WG chain I have (I wear with a perlee pendant) to wear the vintage Alhambra in the longer style.
Happy shopping !

Reactions: pursesinpink
i was in aspen this weekend and visited the van cleef & arpels boutique. The inventory is incredible and the shop is very quirky (hours of operation vary from day to day, sales associate was wearing workout leggings and snow boots, no sign of security). They also ship tax-free, too...
I just had to share my "find," and i'm curious to know if others have shopped the aspen boutique. I bought the wg/ vintage alhambra chalcedony one motif necklace. I wanted the magic long necklace but prefer the size of the vintage alhambra. I plan to extend the wg chain with another wg chain i have (i wear with a perlee pendant) to wear the vintage alhambra in the longer style.
Happy shopping !
ive heard in colorado, almost anything goes.

I've been there and I loved it! It's in the St. Regis hotel and the SA let me try things on to my heart's desire, with no pressure at all. He taught me a lot about different pieces too, which was great because it was when I was first starting to get into VCA and didn't know much at all!

I've been there and I loved it! It's in the St. Regis hotel and the SA let me try things on to my heart's desire, with no pressure at all. He taught me a lot about different pieces too, which was great because it was when I was first starting to get into VCA and didn't know much at all!

It's not in the St. Regis anymore! That was actually just a temporary location while they remodeled the new boutique, which is on Hyman Avenue. I've been to both, and I promise, the new one will not disappoint! It's three stories and just TDF! You must go check it out, purseinsanity! You will love it!!!:smile:

It's not in the St. Regis anymore! That was actually just a temporary location while they remodeled the new boutique, which is on Hyman Avenue. I've been to both, and I promise, the new one will not disappoint! It's three stories and just TDF! You must go check it out, purseinsanity! You will love it!!!:smile:

Is this an independent store?

Oh really?!!? Good to know!! Can't wait to go to the new store!

The new store is fantastic, much better than the St. Regis location. I met the owners and store manager, who told me this store is privately owned and can ship anywhere tax free, a nice incentive especially for the higher priced items. They also assured me that working on pricing was a possibility. "We want to make you happy and we are nicer than the other stores" was a direct quote. Good to know!

The new store is fantastic, much better than the St. Regis location. I met the owners and store manager, who told me this store is privately owned and can ship anywhere tax free, a nice incentive especially for the higher priced items. They also assured me that working on pricing was a possibility. "We want to make you happy and we are nicer than the other stores" was a direct quote. Good to know!
I've been buying from les bijoux for years. While they are privately owned, they still must adhere to certain VCA rules. They can/will ship tax free but they will not discount nor negotiate retail selling prices on VCA pieces.

Reactions: HeidiDavis
Hmm, I wonder if they can actually ship tax-free within Colorado. I was there two years ago and told the manager I wanted to try to save on the taxes. He wanted to help me but said the best he could do was ship at the Denver tax rate (closer to where I live) rather than the higher Aspen rate. This may have changed since then though. I agree that it is a lovely store and the staff are very kind and eager to be of help!