Valentino-should I keep?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I got these at Off 5th for $200.00 (after tax) on mega sale (30% off lowest marked price) and I have wanted them for a long time when I had only seen them online. Now that I see them in person, they are more forest green than emerald teal green like they looked like online. What do you think? should I keep or return? What colors would you pair with forest green (dark green) shoes? I couldn't upload pics b/c the file size was too large but they are this style and color:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446232414&site_refer=AFF001&siteID=oGj7akNVsTg-bABUwM8hXMUH_eRwH2aD4Q

Last edited:
I always feel like if you absolutely love something keep it and if you are on the fence, no matter how good of a deal, you might be better off saving the money for something else.

Those are beauts, however. You could work forest green with a ton of different colors. Browns, any blue, black, purple and you can add a pop of color with orange (just remember the color wheel - adjacent colors or opposite colors work best).

At the risk of sounding shallow, here are my pros & cons to why I am on the fence.

Pros-
Great deal
Beautiful shoes
Comfy & stylish!

Cons-
Not CLs (when did I get so picky on shoes ) :amuse:
Have nothing forest green in my wardrobe and stumped on how to work these shoes into my wardrobe
I could use this money towards a pair of Red CLs I have been on the hunt for.

Ugh, still stumped.

At the risk of sounding shallow, here are my pros & cons to why I am on the fence.

Pros-
Great deal
Beautiful shoes
Comfy & stylish!

Cons-
Not CLs (when did I get so picky on shoes ) :amuse:
Have nothing forest green in my wardrobe and stumped on how to work these shoes into my wardrobe
I could use this money towards a pair of Red CLs I have been on the hunt for.

Ugh, still stumped.

a lot of people get caught up on the mystique of the red sole...I used to be like that, however, I learned that if I love the style, quality, and overall design of the shoe, I'm going to buy it. It doesn't matter if others can see the red sole or not - all that matters is sticking with a unique shoe that you love.

That said, if you're still on the fence about it (i.e. you're not in love with it) I would reconsider. I've never regretted a purchase on a shoe I've loved. I *have* regretted a few impulse buys though.

Beautiful shoes.

I have a pair of forest green suede MB's, and I never wear them. Partly because they aren't that comfy, and partly because I don't know how to wear them. But these are really pretty. I could see you wearing them day to night. How about with camel-colored clothing? Browns would like nice too, as kett suggested.