Valentino Knowlege...

I have more info on serial numbers, but I don't want to post in case counterfeiters are reading. We Valentino lovers are lucky in the fact that V bags don't get faked very often, and if they do, they're usually HORRIBLE fakes. :P If you want more info on serial numbers, feel free to PM me.

Please email me information on serial number tags.
Thanks,

Depends on the Valentino bag. Some bags never make it to sale because they are really hot and sell out very quickly. Other bags go on sale around this time of year (the holidays) and there's usually more big sales in May/June.

Hello,

Great info on Valentino, I could not find this clutch in "through out the years" so I'm posting pics here hoping someone will be able to help ID it.

Thanks,

Attachments

• val.jpg
    val.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 747
  • val2.jpg
    val2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 764
Hello,

Great info on Valentino, I could not find this clutch in "through out the years" so I'm posting pics here hoping someone will be able to help ID it.

Thanks,

The color looks like a couple of bags from FW '09 but the 5WB I believe is older then that? Correct?

You are right LL, it's a FW09 bag and it got a generic name. Actually, it has many generic names: Bow shoulder mini bag, bow clutch, bow shoulder bag... Bow you-name-it... I guess the folks at Valentino sometimes are lazy with names.

It reminds me of the premier bow bag just a bit, I guess because of the way the bow is made.

Last edited:
Love this!
No, not all Valentino bags have a serial number, and I think the serial numbers started sometime in 2006/2007. Also, the serial numbers are not consistent in the number of characters. I DO know that each model of a bag (e.g. the 2009 pink patent histoire) will have the SAME serial number. So if I see that bag on ebay, its serial number should match the same pink histoire in my friend's closet.
Hello,

I just found this searching through the blog....I posted an authentication request and got a response that the purse appears authentic, but I am still a little worried about the lack of serial number. Could you take a look at this and let me know if you think it's authentic?

My post attached below:

Hello,

I would like your help in authenticating a Turquoise Patent Leather Histoire Handbag off of eBay.

Item Name: VALENTINO Garavani Patent Leather Histoire Handbag AQUA
Item Number: 121304506944
Seller ID: wildthang03
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121304506944...84.m1423.l2649

The seller has been great about answering my questions and she did send me additional pics. through eBay messaging (I can't transfer them from my eBay message center to the blog). She purchased bag and has tag (not attached), but no authenticity card. She also said she can't locate serial number. Would this bag have a serial number? I looked at another on eBay same style, color, and type and it had a serial number.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I no longer authenticate on TPF, but I will make an exception this one time. The bag you posted a link to below is authentic.

Hello,

I just found this searching through the blog....I posted an authentication request and got a response that the purse appears authentic, but I am still a little worried about the lack of serial number. Could you take a look at this and let me know if you think it's authentic?

My post attached below:

Hello,

I would like your help in authenticating a Turquoise Patent Leather Histoire Handbag off of eBay.

Item Name: VALENTINO Garavani Patent Leather Histoire Handbag AQUA
Item Number: 121304506944
Seller ID: wildthang03
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121304506944...84.m1423.l2649

The seller has been great about answering my questions and she did send me additional pics. through eBay messaging (I can't transfer them from my eBay message center to the blog). She purchased bag and has tag (not attached), but no authenticity card. She also said she can't locate serial number. Would this bag have a serial number? I looked at another on eBay same style, color, and type and it had a serial number.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi All,
I picked up this bag i'm not sure if it is the real deal can anyone help? it has a little wear on it and appears to be a little old but just wanting to try and find out what everyone thinks on the status of it being real or fake.

Thasnk

Attachments

• IMG_5397.JPG
    IMG_5397.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_5398.JPG
    IMG_5398.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_5399.JPG
    IMG_5399.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_5400.JPG
    IMG_5400.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_5401.JPG
    IMG_5401.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 619
I have a question - do all new Valentino have serial numbers? I bought this Valentino Eye On You bag and there is no serial number in the zipped pocket. Seller said she bought it on shopbob.com and included the receipt, but anything these days can be fake and I just want to be sure.

this was purchased december 2015

I have a question - do all new Valentino have serial numbers? I bought this Valentino Eye On You bag and there is no serial number in the zipped pocket. Seller said she bought it on shopbob.com and included the receipt, but anything these days can be fake and I just want to be sure.