Valentino Caged flats

Flic Serom

Aug 31, 2018
I absolutely adore the caged flats! I’ve got the heels too and love anything with the rockstud

The caged flats would be my favourite shoe if they weren’t so painful! Has anyone else had an issue with breaking them in? I constantly get blisters/torn skin on the back of my heels whenever I wear them. I started wearing mini socks and bandaids at first thinking that’ll be enough to break them in. But after a couple of months I still have the same problem.

Has anyone experienced the same? Or any tips on how to soften the leather at the back? Thanks!

Yep, they are killers to break in. I got my first pair of caged flats just last week (Poudre with gold HW, as per my profile pic) and have been wearing them around the house with thick socks after spraying them with Liebings shoe stretch-it. Not sure I'm achieving much, but I refuse to give up.
My Grandad always used to use a spoon on the backs of leather shoes which rubbed, pressing it hard into the back seam and rubbing it to imitate the movement of your heel I guess. I haven't tried that yet, but at this stage I'm up for almost anything.
I did find this site with a bunch of interesting tips on it. Not sure I'd be game to put my $1000 shoes in the freezer with a bag of water though... I am going to try the hairdryer trick today.

https://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/style/22-life-changing-shoe-hacks/?pp=1

Reactions: chubstersmom