vachetta replacement on specific bags

rensky

ban BAN ban!!
O.G.
Jul 5, 2006
has anyone replaced the vachetta on a manhattan PM? any price range you can provide for me? i dont' want to bring my bag in and then have them tell me it's so expensive!

thanks! :yes:

no idea just giving a bump but I was told recently you can only have the vachetta replaced once in the life of the bag other wise the canvas splits as the stitch holes get too big

^^^ woww i did not know that. what about just handles? like on a speedy? would they be able to just take the metal part off rather then taking the stitching out of the actual bag?

I just took my next-to-new blue denim neo speedy in to have the handles replaced (run-in w/my son's not yet dry henna tattoo while on vacation but we won't talk about that :crybaby:). Cost was $75 per handle so I had both replaced. Takes 4-6 weeks, is done in California. The boutiques have a pricelist for replacements so you can call and find out the price of anything you are wanting replaced. I bought this bag new so after the handle replacement this denim bag will be one of my most expensive LV pieces - but I love it soooo much!.

I just called 866-VUITTON. They are pretty good about giving a ballpark estimate on vachetta replacement or any repairs. The best way to know is to take it into the boutique of course.
Best of luck to you!

wow, the replacement of each handle on the manhattan PM is $119. but they weren't able to answer whether the tab will be replaced. and they also have no information on the piping...so..im guessing it's around $400..

does anyone know?