Vache Liegee leather

Does anyone know if VL takes rainy days better than other leathers like Clemence or Box?

Never take a Boxcalf bag out on a rainy day. If you are caught in an unexpected drizzle, well, just wipe your bag dry. The leather should not blister.

VL is very hardy. It's a great bag even on rainy days. Clemence can still absorb some rainwater.

Reactions: Virevolte
I saw a VL gold lindy a couple of weeks ago...it somehow worked, but I think of Lindys as being more "slouchy". When I think of VL, I think of a sellier kelly or rigide bolide. It does indeed look different in person than in the photos--I quite liked it!

Amy

Lindys do not come in VL. It's too stiff for the Lindy design.

I now have a black VL birkin (just revealed). I can say unequivocably that I do not find the leather to be plasticy at all! More like really stiff, new leather that hasn't been softened by use yet, that just happens to have a grain. It has a really pretty sheen on the hills, matte in the valleys of the grain, and is very light and strong. I can't wait to see how it ages, I've been told it does so beautifully. I foresee some suppleness developing without it losing it's shape.

I've just purchased a VL birkin yesterday and I've to say I love it. Before seeing it in person yesterday, I might not have considered a VL leather, as most of the comments say the texture is pretty stiff and hard, and some even commenting it's plasticky!:shrugs:

Well, I have been proven wrong with my new 30cm VL birkin in Noisette. It is simply the most gorgeous combination. The leather, gold hardware, and color makes the birkin simply elegant and stunning. :girlsigh:

Pics below speaks a thousand words! :love:

Attachments

• DSC07949.JPG
    DSC07949.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC07952.JPG
    DSC07952.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC07953.JPG
    DSC07953.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC07955.JPG
    DSC07955.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 598
Thought I join in the fun :wlae::wlae:

My Vache Liegee 40cm Birkin - Noisette with PH. Sorry about the quality of the pics :shame:

Attachments

• CIMG1109.JPG
    CIMG1109.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 512
  • CIMG1111.JPG
    CIMG1111.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 518
  • CIMG1112.JPG
    CIMG1112.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 500
Reactions: jbags07
Lindys do not come in VL. It's too stiff for the Lindy design.

I kind of wondered about that! The SA's both told me VL...hmmmm.....it still felt kind of stiff for a Lindy. I wonder what the stiffest leather is that they'll do in a Lindy. I would like to know what it was, b/c I liked it! I'm gonna call and see if they still have it and have them find out what leather it was.

very nice and welcome!
attachment.php

I kind of wondered about that! The SA's both told me VL...hmmmm.....it still felt kind of stiff for a Lindy. I wonder what the stiffest leather is that they'll do in a Lindy. I would like to know what it was, b/c I liked it! I'm gonna call and see if they still have it and have them find out what leather it was.

I think MsS told us they are doing lindys in evergrain, now, along with swift and clemence [and supple croc].