USPS Tracking. Advice needed!

Kassandra.

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hi! I sold a bag on ebay last Monday. The buyer paid immediately and I shipped the next day, that is July, 15. I'm in Europe. On July, 17 the package arrived to New York. Ever since my tracking number shows the following:

July 17, 2014 , 8:57 am
Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:57 am on July 17, 2014.

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound Out of Customs

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Can please someone explain to me what does this means? Is the package still in customs or has it cleared it? If it is in customs then why the tracking says that it is being processed through the facility and not that it is in customs? Furthermore should I be worried? The last time I sent an item to the US was almost a year ago but generally I had never experienced such a delay in updating the tracking. I always thought usps was fast. Has that changed nowadays? I did some research and I read about horrific stories of lost items or items that were delivered but the tracking never got updated. If that happens to my case, how will I be able to know that the bag was delivered to the buyer in order for paypal to release my funds? Not to mention that the buyer could open a never received item claim at any time. I'm sorry for the rant but it is an expensive item and I'm freaking out a bit. Any help is appreciated!

Hi! I sold a bag on ebay last Monday. The buyer paid immediately and I shipped the next day, that is July, 15. I'm in Europe. On July, 17 the package arrived to New York. Ever since my tracking number shows the following:

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:57 am on July 17, 2014.

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound Out of Customs

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Can please someone explain to me what does this means? Is the package still in customs or has it cleared it? If it is in customs then why the tracking says that it is being processed through the facility and not that it is in customs? Furthermore should I be worried? The last time I sent an item to the US was almost a year ago but generally I had never experienced such a delay in updating the tracking. I always thought usps was fast. Has that changed nowadays? I did some research and I read about horrific stories of lost items or items that were delivered but the tracking never got updated. If that happens to my case, how will I be able to know that the bag was delivered to the buyer in order for paypal to release my funds? Not to mention that the buyer could open a never received item claim at any time. I'm sorry for the rant but it is an expensive item and I'm freaking out a bit. Any help is appreciated!

This means that the package cleared customs and is now being processed by USPS. I am not sure what the final destination of the package is, but it has only been two days since it was processed by customs, so I would not worry about it just yet. Just give it a few more days.
In any case, if the buyer has an issue, you will hear about.