USPS Says package is Delivered??

Nov 3, 2007
I bought a bag off *bay and the seller sent it via USPS priority mail with a tracking number.

The USPS website says :

Your item was delivered at 3:06 PM on April 1, 2009 in HOUSTON, TX 77003.

I did not recieve the bag. Another thing is my zip code isn't 77003 either. I've just sent an email to the seller to reconfirm my address. I don't know what else to do besides this..

Has anyone experience this before? :wacko: Any advice?

This has happened to me before ... the seller ended up calling the post office, and it turned out as it scanned in incorrectly at that sorting facility. I ended up getting the item that same day. Is 77003 somewhat close to the delivery address?

I would track it from both ends (Buyer and seller). It could be sitting at your post office with postage due or maybe ask the neighbors if it was delivered there by mistake?

^ I will call the post office tomorrow to see if it's there.

This has happened to me before ... the seller ended up calling the post office, and it turned out as it scanned in incorrectly at that sorting facility. I ended up getting the item that same day. Is 77003 somewhat close to the delivery address?

It's relatively close. There aren't going to be any deliveries today as the mailman comes around noon.

This sucks.. the bag is the most expensive thing I've ever ordered from *bay :sad:. I hope this is just a case of wrong scanning.

This happened to my husband before. They've delivered a package to the completely wrong address. Just confirm what address the seller sent it to.

It happens. You'll need to contact USPS right away so they can get in touch with the mailman that delivered it. They usually remember which houses they deliver packages to if you get in touch quickly.

UPDATE: I called the official USPS line and told them the situation and they got in touch with my local post office. I didn't call them myself because it was after hours. But apparently there's still people there. A lady working there called me and found my package there! Apparently someone mis-scanned the package then placed it inside her hamper and it wasn't supposed to be there. I quickly drove there and got the bag.

I was so worried and stressing out about losing this bag. THANKS everyone for advice, just glad to have this settled :yahoo: