Using WOC as a wallet?

I don't think it's a silly question at all. It should fit inside your Maxi easily, I've attached a pic of my WOC in my Jumbo flap for reference.

Personally I would not use my WOC in my purse because it does take up more space than a regular wallet and it is heavier because of the additional chains. Also the WOC only has 6 card slots and for me that just isn't enough on an everyday basis. I guess I carry too much! HTH

Attachments

• 20130516_090655_resized.jpg
    20130516_090655_resized.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 1,256
I'm not sure the price of a WOC is close to that of a regular wallet, although at around $1,700 USD it is much cheaper than a Chanel flap!

I sold my WOC because for me, it wasnt useful enough -- too large to be a wallet, to small to be a bag. But many, many ladies love their WOCs and you may as well. I do think that when the chain is tucked in, it pretty much fills up the bag and does make it heavy, so I personally would not use it that way.

I love my WOC but I don't think I'll use it as an everyday normal wallet inside my handbag. Like nico said, it is larger and heavier than a normal wallet. Having the chain tucked in may be cumbersome. I usually prefer to have my bills laid out and I tend to accumulate a lot of coins over time and with the WOC, I put them all inside the zipper compartment which is a thin space and not as accessible as a true continental wallet.

I remember reading the very interesting post below a while ago and I thought it is a very clever way to re-work the WOC into something useful for the OP. Cutting the chain off is not for the faint of heart of course and I can never do it to mine but here's a little food for thought!

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/what-to-do-my-woc-your-input-appreciated-791132-3.html

oh thanks for started the thread op!:tup:i'm thinking to buy the woc as a daily wallet too in my maxi and other bags as well. ^____^ my SIL has one but she wouldn't suggest me to buy it as a daily wallet because of what ladies posted above.....that's why i'm thinking to settle to buy a regular wallet(big problem is long or small wallet again..LOL)....:X i wouldn't want to add the woc 'weigh' to my maxi..! it's a pain!:roflmfao:

I will agree with the others that a WOC as a wallet is going to be unnecessarily heavy and bulky in another bag. This may be one time where the WOC can't do "double duty" as well as a wallet and a wallet on a chain.

I have a half moon WOC that works perfectly fine on its own or as a "bag inside a bag". It's great for hot summer days when I don't want to be carrying a large bag, running quick errands and dining out.

As to whether you can use your WOC the same way as a regular wallet, that really depends on your needs. I personally cannot use my WOC as a regular wallet. With only six card slots and one zippered compartment, on days where I find myself carrying more than just the usual stash of cards, cash, coins and receipts, it can get a little messy in there. And yes, buy tucking the chains in, you also have the added weight of the chains to carry and also reduce the already tiny space inside your WOC.

Hope that helps!

I don't think it's a silly question at all. It should fit inside your Maxi easily, I've attached a pic of my WOC in my Jumbo flap for reference.

Personally I would not use my WOC in my purse because it does take up more space than a regular wallet and it is heavier because of the additional chains. Also the WOC only has 6 card slots and for me that just isn't enough on an everyday basis. I guess I carry too much! HTH

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You definitely helped me out a lot and I really appreciate your advice and photo!!!

I'm not sure the price of a WOC is close to that of a regular wallet, although at around $1,700 USD it is much cheaper than a Chanel flap!

I sold my WOC because for me, it wasnt useful enough -- too large to be a wallet, to small to be a bag. But many, many ladies love their WOCs and you may as well. I do think that when the chain is tucked in, it pretty much fills up the bag and does make it heavy, so I personally would not use it that way.

Oops you're right! I think the chanel wallet I want is around $1,200. I wish the chains were removable! haha yea I agree, might be way too heavy in my flap bag with those big chains already >.< Thank you! (:

I love my WOC but I don't think I'll use it as an everyday normal wallet inside my handbag. Like nico said, it is larger and heavier than a normal wallet. Having the chain tucked in may be cumbersome. I usually prefer to have my bills laid out and I tend to accumulate a lot of coins over time and with the WOC, I put them all inside the zipper compartment which is a thin space and not as accessible as a true continental wallet.

I remember reading the very interesting post below a while ago and I thought it is a very clever way to re-work the WOC into something useful for the OP. Cutting the chain off is not for the faint of heart of course and I can never do it to mine but here's a little food for thought!

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/what-to-do-my-woc-your-input-appreciated-791132-3.html

Thank you for making such a great point! I too like my bills laid out, that completely slipped my mind! That thread is super interesting! haha if only they'd make our lives easier by making the chains removable! :biggrin:

I use my woc as a wallet everyday And as a clutch to evening events.

Hi, so you use the woc as a normal wallet in your handbag?? Is it annoying having the chains tucked in taking up space & adding weight to your handbag? Would you personally recommend it? After seeing the picture of the woc in the flap bag above, I'm not sure it will work out well for me.. the flap is pretty heavy on its own already! haha thanks for your input! ;)

If you mean as a wallet to keep inside another bag, I would not do this. The WOC is heavier than a normal wallet, so it would make your bag too heavy...

Thank you! Yea I'll probably opt out of that option because my flap bag alone is quite heavy on its own already. I mentioned above that I wish they'd make the chains removable! haha :P

oh thanks for started the thread op!:tup:i'm thinking to buy the woc as a daily wallet too in my maxi and other bags as well. ^____^ my SIL has one but she wouldn't suggest me to buy it as a daily wallet because of what ladies posted above.....that's why i'm thinking to settle to buy a regular wallet(big problem is long or small wallet again..LOL)....:X i wouldn't want to add the woc 'weigh' to my maxi..! it's a pain!:roflmfao:

Your comment made me feel so much better about asking!! :smile:haha I felt so silly asking that =x Yea that was what I was planning to do too but it just might not be practical having the chains tucked in and all.. lol I agree, the maxi on its own has enough weight already. They need to make the chains removable!!! :roflmfao: I think I'll have to end up buying a long chanel wallet too! Good luck on your decision making! Update me on your decision making! It'll be so funny if we end up with the same wallet! :P

I will agree with the others that a WOC as a wallet is going to be unnecessarily heavy and bulky in another bag. This may be one time where the WOC can't do "double duty" as well as a wallet and a wallet on a chain.

Thank you! Yea I agree that the chains will add unnecessary weight :shame: They should consider making the woc "double duty" with removable chains! lol doubt it'll ever happen though ):