Used Chanel Mini Square keep or return?

NicolePPP

Oct 27, 2019
Hi guys, I just purchased an excellent condition mini square from fashionphile.But when the bag is delivered, I’m not sure whether or not I should keep this.

The overall condition is not that terrible, but it definitely shows sign of wearing and look used. It feels quiet soft and floppy, creasing in some areas, also the leather on the chain is also worn down. I checked out some other mini square also for sale but they are not even as good as this one.

And it’s very difficult to come a cross black caviar leather Chanel in mini square now so it’s almost unlikely I can get a brand new one.

So my question is……should I keep this or should I maybe go to leather craft store to restore the bag? Or is it not even need to be restore?

I will show some pictures to show the condition of the bag. I never have touch an Chanel mini square before so I have no idea whether this is in a good condition or not.

IMG_5956.JPGIMG_5956.JPGIMG_5956.JPG
IMG_5956.JPG

I would not consider this mini as excellent condition. The previous owner definitely used this bag but you have to weigh how much it bothers you. When Chanel resumes producing caviar minis, the price will be in excess of $4.5k USD so you have to mentally prepare yourself to pay these prices. Either roll the dice on a preloved fair condition mini with slightly lower price point or pay full retail price + taxes and get a brand new fresh mini. However, we don't know when they will resume producing caviar minis.

Reactions: mmiusi
I would not consider this mini as excellent condition. The previous owner definitely used this bag but you have to weigh how much it bothers you. When Chanel resumes producing caviar minis, the price will be in excess of $4.5k USD so you have to mentally prepare yourself to pay these prices. Either roll the dice on a preloved fair condition mini with slightly lower price point or pay full retail price + taxes and get a brand new fresh mini. However, we don't know when they will resume producing caviar minis.

True, the bag is definitely not excellent condition. I think I would rather pay more for caviar when I know I don’t have to baby it and can get more use out of it compares to the lamb skin. When I pay thousands of dollar for a bag I’m to scared to use it just felt like a waste.