Use of Bolides Big and Small

Bolide owners...when you stuff your bag with your goods (especially you 31 owners)...I just wondered if you stack things on top of the bottom level of the bag or it all fits one level. I hope you know what I mean? Like, do you feel you need to stack on top of your things and go towards the top of the bag?

that's a great question kellybag, because stacking leads to digging which drives me nuts.

I use the 37cm Bolide for everyday. I put everything in there...wallet, make-up bag, agenda, credit card holder, bills, sometimes even a bottle of water. I lead a casual lifestyle and the bag is SO great to get in and out of.

When I return to the working world, I suspect I would like a 31cm in something splendid, like chevre. It would be great to carry to client meetings and be fabulous with stockings and pumps.

But for now, the 37cm is great with jeans and loafers and holds my whole life.

KB, good questions...and timely!

I have the 31 mou, and I love the size. I have not had it long, but I have found it perfect for when I want to dress up and change purses to go out, either for the day or evening. But when I went on my epic day trip to Honlolulu, I did stuff her pretty ruthlessly (sorry HHeels). She fared very well. I used the medium purseket and the put my wallet, camera, cellphone and misc in the center opening, my wallet went in "end up" ---that was fine, but alot of stuff for the size.

Here she is all stuffed...and what went in, excluding the camera...
attachment.php

And this is the stuff.

attachment.php

The purseket has stuff in in like sunglasses, pen, splenda, lady supplies, lipstick, business cards, wee new agenda :heart: etc. That dang purse worked hard that day!!!

OK.... that being said, I also tried on the 37 CM in rigid style for the first time that same day. I though, in my head, that it would seem huge based on other side-by-side pics I had seen, etc.

But you know what??? I could carry this bag easily!!!
:P :P

I am 5'7, average size.... I dont like a huge bag, I tried the 35 birkin and it was too big, IMHO for me, particularly in the width.

OH, by the way, the SA offered to let me put my stuff in the bag. I declined because I could easily tell it would all fit easily in the 37 rigid.

:heart: :heart: Bolides!!!

KB, good questions...and timely!
OK.... that being said, I also tried on the 37 CM in rigid style for the first time that same day. I though, in my head, that it would seem huge based on other side-by-side pics I had seen, etc.

But you know what??? I could carry this bag easily!!!
:P :P

I am 5'7, average size.... I dont like a huge bag, I tried the 35 birkin and it was too big, IMHO for me, particularly in the width.

:heart: :heart: Bolides!!!

CobaltBlu, this is very interesting to me as a fellow Bolide lover. Did you find the 37 taller and not much wider or longer? I have a 35 Kelly and can wear it but just, and I also don't like huge bags. I don't live near a boutique so I can't stroll in and try a 37...

^^Katel, to me, it just seemed overall larger, not overly so in any one dimension, if you know what I mean... All was in proportion. I liked the fact that the bottom was not too wide, I dont feel comfortable with a wide bottomed bag...

I wish I had a store near me I could go to more often, too.

Pepper...I love your potiron! Would you ever consider a 37? Do you ever feel the 31 is too small?

PGN...Would you always buy 37's or do you think you would ever buy a 31?
Are you loving that birkin??? We need a picture of you modeling that birkin soon.

Hhmmm....I don't know if I would ever not buy a 31...I just love the 37 so much. I don't find it all that huge. With that being said....in the kelly I love the 32--go figure!! Oh- and yes I am loving the birkin!!!

^^Katel, to me, it just seemed overall larger, not overly so in any one dimension, if you know what I mean... All was in proportion. I liked the fact that the bottom was not too wide, I dont feel comfortable with a wide bottomed bag...

I wish I had a store near me I could go to more often, too.

Thanks, CB...this is scary interesting! ;)

I dont find the interior of the 31 mou bolide as conducive to organization as a kelly bag or a birkin bag. The lack of rectangularity of the bolide tends to commingle the contents. Thus I have to "rummage" for my keys and wallet, more than in a birkin or kelly. I like the bolide nonetheless. Its size and shape make it very easy to handle.
I usually carry in the 31 bolide: a picolo pen case, a wallet, sunglasses in a hard case, small tissue pack, key case, business card holder, bottle of advil, raincover for the bag, cell phone, blackberry, sometimes a calculator. That will not require any "stacking." In the winter, gloves and hat will get "stacked" on top of the "residual" items. There is a never a need to fill the bag up over the "stitching line" level.