Workplace Urgently Need Advice/Help On Awkard Work Situation

XoJUICYCOUTURE

New York, J'taime
O.G.
Jun 2, 2007
Hi Everyone,

So ill try to make this short and sweet as possible but im just a bit ticked off. So I recently just graduated college and I had a interview for this PR firm. The women liked me and at that time I was interning at another brand. I got a email extending a opportunity but it wasn't the norm lets just say. The opportunity was to intern for the summer until 8/28 and this is when it will turn into an actual position. I took it just because hey it sounded good without discussing salary contract etc. Anyway so last week I had a talk which described what my job would be and my salary great...but here is the 28th and I have no contract. I emailed my boss yesterday lightly just asking abouts on paperwork and nothing yet. Ive been coming in like a normal worker M-F

My parents have been supporting me which has been amazing because I do live in NYC and it is very expensive but it could only go so far. I have a very iron clad father and he mentioned that if this doesn't get resolved that I wont be having a metro pass any longer and I wont be coming in to work.

Again in my head I don't want to make it awkward but I should begin to get paid for my work as per the agreement. In my mind If I don't have a answer by today than do I really want to come in tomorrow and the following week?

Such a tough pickle but I appreciate anyone's comments.

Does the company you work for not have an HR department to contact? Nothing against bosses but they usually aren't the best about dropping their workload to solve someone else's problem even if it does affect them. If the company has a designated HR/Payroll person, that's your first contact and probably your best ally since they hate not having paperwork on an "employee". All kinds of company liability without it.

If you can, get face to face with her NOW to escalate. It's easy to blow off emails, especially the day before a long holiday weekend. If you have the details verbally from your meeting last week, ask her what needs to happen internally to ensure a written job offer/contract is in hand in a timely manner. If appropriate, offer to do the legwork to make it happen (e.g. contact HR, payroll, etc).

Good luck!

If you can, get face to face with her NOW to escalate. It's easy to blow off emails, especially the day before a long holiday weekend. If you have the details verbally from your meeting last week, ask her what needs to happen internally to ensure a written job offer/contract is in hand in a timely manner. If appropriate, offer to do the legwork to make it happen (e.g. contact HR, payroll, etc).

Good luck!

+1 best of luck.