updates from paris and rome

dalz

Aug 3, 2010
hello everyone...i have new and fresh news from paris and rome
i went first to rome.....no jumbos at all and there is some maxi
then i went to paris....NO JUMBOS in all france not in paris but in all france....there is only the new double flap jumbo which costs 2700 euro (single flap is 2550euro).....i stayed 8days in paris and each day maxi bags is getting less in number
i went finally after i made my mind to bring my maxi from rue de combon the amazing SA safia told me that if i buy from the big chanel stores i will get 11.7% back as tax refund but if i get the bag from au printemps or lafayetter or bon marche i will get 12% and since lafayette and auprintemps were very near i decided to go by walk...i arrived to lafayette definetley no jumbos and only one black maxi shw and i want ghw and they had double flap maxi which costs 2950euro (single flap 2700euo) i went to au printemps and i found the maxi ghw in lambskin and caviar....one year ago since i planned to get my 1st chanel the question was if i get it jumbo or maxi but never lambsking or caviar was the question definetly it's so nice in lambskin but dont know how the Sa changed my mind in 5 minutes and convinced me to get te caviar since it lives more and it stays in a good shape in the far future.....i came back to the hotel i checked the threads in the forum that talks about lambskin vs caviar and the conclusion is lambskin is luxurious but caviar is longlasting so i think i made the right choice.....

the conclusion FINALY I GOT MY 1ST CHANEL THAT I WAS PLANNING FOR WHICH IS BLACK MAXI CAVIAR GOLD CHAIN...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CANT DESCRIBE MY HAPPINNESS

advise: go run and bring your maxi chanel coz it is really really worth it ....maybe the double flap looks more chic but ir is really heavy i tried the jumbo it is really heavy and honestly i wont pay for something heavy 2700 while i can pay for something bigger same price,...double flap meant nothing to me specially same shape from outside.....it is really a good investment coz at this time of the year they are adding the double flap and highering the price and another price increase will take..place in jan/feb so meaningless that maxi will become 3xxx euro...

cim really happy with my purchase......

Last edited:
thank u....thank u......i really advise for those who doesnt have chanel yet run and bring the single flap in its current price worth it more than to wait for double flap that costs more for nothing