Updated Amazona

Well, package finally found! I had it shipped at work and UPS just left it at the loading dock... Another UPS driver found it days later and finally brought it to our offices today. I'm working from home today so I won't see it until tomorrow. I'll still report back on the condition. Hoping it is too good to be true for the price I paid. This is the old Amazona I think-- but if it is in great condition, I'll keep it.

Finally got it! For the price I paid, generally happy with the condition. The worst parts are the darkened handles on the underside which are hidden anyways. The interior is all leather and the bag is very soft and scrumptious! I measured the base and it is the Amazona 28. A bit small for me, but I wanted a piece of ‘old Loewe’, pre-JWA.

I don’t know how to read Loewe date codes so not sure how old this is... The code says ‘01 11 05’ — is it from 2011?

Sorry for posting here in the ’Updated Amazona’ thread... I‘ll also post in the Amazona page.

' '69684566-554B-42E0-8178-D9A1629521F1.jpeg10C0A0C0-8B34-4055-A339-2743D9859DFB.jpegE5CD710F-71BE-4515-B7F7-6A37F0E35F68.jpeg

Reactions: 94iBag and Addy
Anybody have any thoughts on the Amazona 19 size? Would appreciate any reviews and comparisons! Thanks in advance :smile:
The 19 is a bit bulkier than the 23.

I love the silhouette of this bag, it's so simple and classic and I can see myself carrying this for many years...
It reminds me of the hermes plume which I adore also (not a fan of the price tag).

I think the amazona in full leather will be my next bag purchase!

Reactions: gloomfilter
I’ve had my eyes on the Amazona 19 for some time now but always thought it was too big for my liking. Then a few days ago I saw on Jonathan Anderson’s Instagram stories pics of a smaller Amazona which is the size 16. I would be so tempted to get this bag if they released it in tan/pecan jacquard/calfskin material.

Attachments

• A1FDFAFC-3752-4976-8BA2-0B7F091DEA84.png
    A1FDFAFC-3752-4976-8BA2-0B7F091DEA84.png
    769.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 098AD526-CFF8-40BA-AB1A-66D1D62F4B1B.png
    098AD526-CFF8-40BA-AB1A-66D1D62F4B1B.png
    601 KB · Views: 98
I’ve had my eyes on the Amazona 19 for some time now but always thought it was too big for my liking. Then a few days ago I saw on Jonathan Anderson’s Instagram stories pics of a smaller Amazona which is the size 16. I would be so tempted to get this bag if they released it in tan/pecan jacquard/calfskin material.
Looks like a perfect size for me!

Reactions: ajde.adam
I
It looks like they have a light beige color released! But all leather.

I love orange and am considering getting the 16 in thag color, but haven’t had a chance to try it in store yet. I would appreciate any impressions if anyone has! Thanks in advance!

I

It looks like they have a light beige color released! But all leather.

I love orange and am considering getting the 16 in thag color, but haven’t had a chance to try it in store yet. I would appreciate any impressions if anyone has! Thanks in advance!
I tried the 16 in store and the handles stand up awkwardly. It jabs into my body and gets in the way. If I fold it down, the bag does not lay flat against me and I feel the handles pushing into me. It may also leave a dent on the back side of the bag while it’s pressed up against it. Capacity is about similar to the mini puzzle.

I tried the 16 in store and the handles stand up awkwardly. It jabs into my body and gets in the way. If I fold it down, the bag does not lay flat against me and I feel the handles pushing into me. It may also leave a dent on the back side of the bag while it’s pressed up against it. Capacity is about similar to the mini puzzle.
Thanks so much for this. What a bummer! I like the clean lines and the colors of the bag but it's a bummer that these issues are an ongoing thing for the Amazona. Sounds like a no go for me. Appreciate your review!

Thanks so much for this. What a bummer! I like the clean lines and the colors of the bag but it's a bummer that these issues are an ongoing thing for the Amazona. Sounds like a no go for me. Appreciate your review!
No problem! Glad I helped…I only felt the issues with the handles on the 16and the 19. Strangely, it is not as uncomfortable with the rectangle ones…(23 and bigger). Go figure. :confused1:

Came back to this as I am now considering the Amazona 15 :lol: but was reminded by you review of the 16 @viewwing. I guess the same thing would apply regarding the handles. I can't seem to get away from it though! :doh:

Any thoughts on why that more elongated shape is for men? It is the assumption that men are generally taller and have a larger frame?

Reactions: viewwing
Came back to this as I am now considering the Amazona 15 :lol: but was reminded by you review of the 16 @viewwing. I guess the same thing would apply regarding the handles. I can't seem to get away from it though! :doh:

Any thoughts on why that more elongated shape is for men? It is the assumption that men are generally taller and have a larger frame?
I’ve no idea! But I feel generally, the north south shape for a crossbody is a more guy-ish shape? I haven’t tried the 15 iRL so I can’t really comment on the problems it’ll have. When I tried the 16, my SA said the handles were meant to be upright when carried crossbody, so it doesn’t get in the way. If you’re tall, it might work better but I’m really petite and it looked weird on me. Can’t explain it, but maybe you should order the 16 and try it out iRL. It is Such a pretty bag!

Reactions: gloomfilter
I finally got the Amazona 15 I’ve been wanting after thinking about it since we last talked about it 😂 @viewwing

IMG_1159.jpeg

I just fell in love with the sink hole amazona since I first saw it and how funky but structured it was. It’s in the satin calfskin which helps the leather maintain its structure, and the one I have has a few stretches on it which aren’t visible in normal lighting (but I read can be buffed out somehow). The strap is a bit long for me at 5’3” so I’ll definitely need to take it in to shorten it with two or three more holes (consistent as this is in the “men’s” collection), but I imagine I’ll be wearing it most of the time with this chunky chain strap as a shoulder bag.

I love that I can fit a book in it and everything else I would normally carry around more easily than my other Loewe bags, and the zipper is really nice and secure compared to the flamenco.

It’s also nice how the strap is secured on the side of the bag as opposed to the handles so it is more secure in carrying.

Once I figure out how to buff out the scratches I’ll be super happy with this bag!!

I finally got the Amazona 15 I’ve been wanting after thinking about it since we last talked about it 😂 @viewwing

View attachment 5930480

I just fell in love with the sink hole amazona since I first saw it and how funky but structured it was. It’s in the satin calfskin which helps the leather maintain its structure, and the one I have has a few stretches on it which aren’t visible in normal lighting (but I read can be buffed out somehow). The strap is a bit long for me at 5’3” so I’ll definitely need to take it in to shorten it with two or three more holes (consistent as this is in the “men’s” collection), but I imagine I’ll be wearing it most of the time with this chunky chain strap as a shoulder bag.

I love that I can fit a book in it and everything else I would normally carry around more easily than my other Loewe bags, and the zipper is really nice and secure compared to the flamenco.

It’s also nice how the strap is secured on the side of the bag as opposed to the handles so it is more secure in carrying.

Once I figure out how to buff out the scratches I’ll be super happy with this bag!!
I’ve never seen a bag like this before. That sink hole is absolutely hilarious and I would totally rock this bag. What an awesome find! Congratulations to you!! And I so agree about the side attachments for the straps. I really dislike diagonal attachments because they make bags wonky. And I wouldn’t be too concerned about the scratches. I like that it looks used. What could be more used than a sink? Omg. “The kitchen sink…”. What a hilarious sense of humor he has. I’m dying.