update pictures project "scooter" bag

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
So my scooter bag dried. Sorry I didn't take before pictures, it honestly was so damaged and pitiful that I couldn't even spare the time to take the before pictures, I had to fix her imediately ! So to describe the bag that I bought for $2 almost didn't even buy for that low cost because it was mishapen, dirty, white spots, dusty, not too smelly but didn't smell great. I submerged in lukewarm water with Dreft and used a magic eraser gently, the stuffed it with flanel baby blanket to shape it, hung it on my back porch, then after about 24 hours I used coach cleaner on the spots that didn't come out and then used Apple conditioner on the whole thing, it is gorgeous now and very happy !
IMG_4611.JPG

It's a beautiful bag! You did an amazing job cleaning and repairing it so well. Being part of TPF really educates us to spot diamonds in the rough.

You're lucky you live in a safe neighbourhood. Putting a lovely Coach bag like that on the back porch would be rather risky living in a metropolitan city. It would be gone in a blink of an eye over here! ;)

Take care,

Thank you everyone ! I had to restore her. I got a good idea from another poster who said they actually submerged their vintage bags, I was hesitant but I don't think that it would have come out anywhere near as great without doing this and then I added my own twist to the process.

It's a beautiful bag! You did an amazing job cleaning and repairing it so well. Being part of TPF really educates us to spot diamonds in the rough.

You're lucky you live in a safe neighbourhood. Putting a lovely Coach bag like that on the back porch would be rather risky living in a metropolitan city. It would be gone in a blink of an eye over here! ;)

Take care,
It def was concerned, I don't live in a great neighborhood (we are working on that) but you can't really see my porch from the street at all so I got lucky !

It def was concerned, I don't live in a great neighborhood (we are working on that) but you can't really see my porch from the street at all so I got lucky !

Luckily, you didn't advertise it with a sign saying:

"Hey! This is not a Coach bag! Ignore it because it only costs me $2. Yeah, it's got this luscious bright green colour and an amazing turnlock closure. But, yeah, I repeat it's not a Coach bag because it only costs me $2! Keep on walking by! It's not worth stealing."

;)

This bag was meant to be yours. :heart: Enjoy it and know it's true intrinsic worth!

Take care,

"Hey! This is not a Coach bag! Ignore it because it only costs me $2. Yeah, it's got this luscious bright green colour and an amazing turnlock closure. But, yeah, I repeat it's not a Coach bag because it only costs me $2! Keep on walking by! It's not worth stealing."
<<<:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

;)

This bag was meant to be yours. :heart: Enjoy it and know it's true intrinsic worth!

Take care,
Thank you, you know I was thinking the same thing ! I wonder about the history of this bag, someone really used this bag a lot. I almost want to go back into the place and say "see what you guys sold for 2 dollars" lol !!! I have a feeling I will get a lot of use out of it especially at the park playing with the kids, grocery store etc, hands free !