UPDATE on 6 Month Ordeal with Bal customer service...

Vinylkiwi

O.G.
Dec 15, 2011
So, on 16th May 2015 I posted this...

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...scolouration-less-than-a-year-old-907182.html

Long story short (ish) - My Part Time's hardware had started to tarnish after very light use (the bag still looks brand new other than this) so I phoned customer service and was offered a return or a repair and that, if I could I should take it to the store on Mount Street to confirm the tarnish and they would be able to send it off for repair/refund.
However, when I showed them the bag they took it off the shop floor and proceeded to try and remove the tarnish with a cloth and thus ended up tearing the leather!

Obviously I contacted customer service again but... it is now NOVEMBER and the issue has still not been resolved.

I originally went with the repair as I didn;t think I would be able to get the seasonal colour again if I got a refund (Gris Pyrite with gold hardware). WHAT A MISTAKE; it has now taken me 6 months and countless emails/phone calls back and forth and I am still no further to getting this resolved!

I have now demanded a refund but they are having none of it - does anyone have any advise for how to tackle this?

I do not trust sending off my bag for repair when it was advised it would take 8-10 weeks to get it back to me yet it has taken 6 MONTHS to get to this point?

I would appreciate any help and just wanted to warn about the terrible customer service! :Pullhair:

Wow...I'm sorry this happened to you! My only advice would be perhaps you can contact an attorney? From what you have described, it does not seem like you authorized any repair in-store; the fact that they undertook buffing the hardware and then subsequently damaged the bag would make them responsible. Maybe a strongly worded letter from a lawyer demanding a replacement would compel Balenciaga in to action.
Unfortunately, Bal seems to be known for subpar customer service, which is terrible. This is a luxury item, and like any luxury item, you expect service equal to the money you put out. I know in the auto industry, service dept's of luxury cars have a very high customer service standard. That's one of the reasons I became a customer, and I don't think it's unreasonable of me to expect excellent service. (In fact, the manufacturer of my SUV has a policy that every service adviser must have a monthly satisfaction score of 97% or they will be fired. Which must be difficult when many of your customers are...let's say...not nice.)
In any event, keep everyone updated; you never know when this will happen to someone else here.

Wow...I'm sorry this happened to you! My only advice would be perhaps you can contact an attorney? From what you have described, it does not seem like you authorized any repair in-store; the fact that they undertook buffing the hardware and then subsequently damaged the bag would make them responsible. Maybe a strongly worded letter from a lawyer demanding a replacement would compel Balenciaga in to action.
Unfortunately, Bal seems to be known for subpar customer service, which is terrible. This is a luxury item, and like any luxury item, you expect service equal to the money you put out. I know in the auto industry, service dept's of luxury cars have a very high customer service standard. That's one of the reasons I became a customer, and I don't think it's unreasonable of me to expect excellent service. (In fact, the manufacturer of my SUV has a policy that every service adviser must have a monthly satisfaction score of 97% or they will be fired. Which must be difficult when many of your customers are...let's say...not nice.)
In any event, keep everyone updated; you never know when this will happen to someone else here.

As a Bal newbie- my first City was purchased this summer- I am shocked to read this! I didn't know Bal customer service could be this bad. I really love the bags but wow, what a disappointment. Makes me *****ing about Chanel refurb policy feel like a baby! :lol: But then again Chanel does cost a little more than a BBag...

It seems like the term "luxury" doesn't mean anything to these handbag companies anymore. They know that so many of us love them and will buy them year after year, month after month- it's like an abusive boyfriend *sigh*

As a Bal newbie- my first City was purchased this summer- I am shocked to read this! I didn't know Bal customer service could be this bad. I really love the bags but wow, what a disappointment. Makes me *****ing about Chanel refurb policy feel like a baby! :lol: But then again Chanel does cost a little more than a BBag...

It seems like the term "luxury" doesn't mean anything to these handbag companies anymore. They know that so many of us love them and will buy them year after year, month after month- it's like an abusive boyfriend *sigh*

Wow I can't believe i'm finally saying this...but it has been resolved! (Well as of Monday when I get the return label! :sweat drop:

Basically what happened next is I again demanded to speak to a manager and was given the direct email to their ecommerce manager (I think they must have given in and been sick and tired of me!)

He called me and has now offered me a full refund! I will be sending the bag back on Monday! :woohoo::wale:

So fingers crossed nothing will go wrong between now and then!

Wow I can't believe i'm finally saying this...but it has been resolved! (Well as of Monday when I get the return label! :sweat drop:

Basically what happened next is I again demanded to speak to a manager and was given the direct email to their ecommerce manager (I think they must have given in and been sick and tired of me!)

He called me and has now offered me a full refund! I will be sending the bag back on Monday! :woohoo::wale:

Congrats on being persistent and getting the refund you deserve!:woot:

Last edited:

How did it all turn out? I know it's been quite a while, but did you get your money back and a new Bal?