Upcoming Visit to the Mothership (BalNY) - Advice to a Tourist?

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Girls, I'm going to NYC Dec 26th, and will be there for five days with my family - we are staying in Lower Manhattan - taking our daughter (17) and her boyfriend; and our son (27) and his girlfriend.

I've already called Kim at BalNY, and told her I'm stopping by to visit. I'm taking my camera so I can take a photo outside like Powder "M" did when she went! :yes: I'm really excited about going - at first I wasn't going to stop by because of the way BalNY staffers have treated some of our lovely members. But I decided, I would go and I'm going to enjoy it, and ask to see all of the bags that I want to see, and I'm not going to feel bad about it!!! :nogood:

The last time I was in NYC, I bought a Hermes Birkin.... this time, no Birkins, not for me. Don't care for them. I can buy a lot at Balenciaga for the cost of one Birkin!

We have tickets for "The Color Purple." We will be going to Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, and all of the traditional things people do in NYC. DD's boyfriend hasn't been before, and I don't mind doing things I have done before. In fact, I like it. If anyone has suggestions on restaurants (no really fancy restaurants - we don't care for that), other sight seeing things, great shopping stops, I would love to hear from you.

If anyone wants me to look at anything in particular at Balenciaga, just let me know - you can pm me, and I'll check it out for you. I'm so excited to be going!!!:yahoo:

If anyone has suggestions on restaurants (no really fancy restaurants - we don't care for that), other sight seeing things, great shopping stops, I would love to hear from you.

Try A Salt and Battery in the Village. Excellent fish and chips. And deep fried candy bars. :graucho: There's also a lovely little tea shop next door - I want to say that it is called Tea and Sympathy, but I am not 100% certain.

And, of course, you have to go to Magnolia Bakery and mack on some cupcakes.

Try A Salt and Battery in the Village. Excellent fish and chips. And deep fried candy bars. :graucho: There's also a lovely little tea shop next door - I want to say that it is called Tea and Sympathy, but I am not 100% certain.

Thank you so much!!! That is exactly the kind of tips I'm looking for! Yeah!!!! It is added to my list...

Haha!!! The Mothership!! Enjoy your trip, it sounds lovely and exciting! Don't let yourself be intimidated, it's a symbiotic relationship, they have what you want and you have what they want : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pics!!! :smile: Have fun in NY! It is so beautiful during Christmas time! I agree w/ Bridget, don't be intimidated by the SA's - they would be impressed if they saw your Bal collection hehe! Stay warm!!!

You have the right attitude about BNY.

As far as restaurants, I saw a documentary about the first pizza place in the US...it made me hungry so I wanted to go there next time we went to NYC. It is Lombardi's on Spring street and we really enjoyed it. We sat right across from Hillary Swank so that was kind of fun. We also tried Magnolia cupcakes but the icing was so sickeningly sweet, we couldn't eat them.

Oooh....have fun lovely! I've never been to the mothership despite the fact that I only live across the bridge (in NJ). Please take a bunch of pics and enjoy your time in NY.....it's beautiful during the winter.:smile:

Have fun in NYC! And don't be intimidated by BalNY. I've been in there quite a few times and I've always been treated well by the SAs even though I usually just go in wearing jeans and my old converse all stars. I can't wait to see what you get!:yahoo:
PM me if you want ideas of things to do or restaurant suggestions :yes:

^^ ACK, OMG, yes & yes!!! :drool::wlae::tup:

http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/restaurant.php

http://www.magnoliacupcakes.com/

oh bama, i tried magnolias for the first time a month ago!! i love the cupcakes but be prepared to wait at least a half hour on line.

lovely-there's a cupcake and cake place in LES on rivington and essex st called sugar sweet sunshine -the have the best buttered almond frosting!!!!