Unable to put your bag down because of its scent?

MandB

O.G.
Dec 24, 2005
Disclaimer: I realize that I sound like a complete fruitcake.

Do some of your Bal bags smell better than others? My Violet Day has the most wonderful rich, leathery smell. I can even smell it when it's on the other side of the couch. My City, on the other hand, has almost no smell. What accounts for the difference?

YES!! I love the smell of leather!!, Sometimes when I am bored with nothing to do at home, I take out some of them and just carress and smell them!:tender:I noticed that the ones I have treated with Apple brand leather care, the smell of the solution goes away after a while, however the ones treated with LMB, the scent is stronger, and does not go away!

Add me to the list of fruitcakes! I love the smell of Bal leather! That's the main reason I don't use LMB products on my bags. The smell of LMB products is so strong, and it takes forever to go away! I bought my 05 BG Pink CP secondhand and the previous owner had used LMB on it. I aired it out for a couple of weeks, and then I put it in a dustbag with two other CP's on either side of it, and now after having it for 4 months it is finally starting to smell like Bal leather again. All of my other bags and accessories have the wonderful smell! I love to have whatever bag I am using near me, so I can smell the leather, and play with the tassels. I like to pet the tassels cuz they are so nice and smooth. Does anyone else play with their tassels?
:upsidedown:

Hi Deana! I love to smell my BBags. It's such a wonderful smell! I guess we are weird ,bag ,smelling ladies! HaHa!
Seriously, I think that's the best part about nice leather bags is the feel and the smell....

The Magenta GSH City I just had and sold had THE SMELL- super sweet smell

I THINK BAL DOES THIS TO SPRING BAGS!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Why do I think this?? The only PT I've ever owned- an Aqua GGH had a super sweet smell to it!

I don't think you sound like a fruitcake at all - but maybe that's because I'm also fruitcake who loves, loves, loves the smell of Bal leather :nuts:!! I have noticed a slight difference in the intensity of the smell also and, without going upstairs right now to smell them all and confirm :P, it seems like the bags that are drier tend to have have a less pronounced smell and the bags that are thicker and softer tend to have a stronger smell. Also, I totally agree about the LMB - I try to use Apple products over LMB whenever possible!

the bag i treated with this untested product smells really nice. the others, whether thin or thick, do smell leather-ish (never treated) but not as nice as the treated one.

onlyemu.jpg

onlyemuingredients.jpg

I love the smell of Bal leather! It is seriously addicting! I can just sit there and smell it for like 5 minutes. I was trying to explain this to my coworkers one day but they didn't understand and probably thought I was a bit nuts.