Ulta? lipstick question

May 27, 2006
I did a quick search & didn't see the answer (probably bc no one cares but me -lol), but when I was in high school, in the early 90s, I bought a tube of lipstick that cost -gasp- $18 at a department store. I remember it bc it was a lot for a 17 year old to spend on lipstick, especially 20 years ago. I clearly remember that the brand was Ulta bc when I first saw one of the stores, I thought -hey, that was that insanely expensive lipstick I bought in high school (I thought I was something with my dept store lipstick & my Dooney & Bourke bag :P)! So, does anyone know, IS it the same Ulta? I remember they had a counter in the dept store, but it's long gone & I dont' remember hearing much about them until I saw the store that recently opened in my city.

Just curious...;)

I have no idea! That would be interesting if they started as a counter.
If you don't mind, I'm going to add "lipstick" to your thread title so people will open it since we have an "Ulta" thread.

Great; thanks! Anything to see if anyone knows. :smile: It's just one of those random things I'm curious about....I remember the lipstick was long wearing, the tube was small & yellow....funny the details you can remember when you really start to think about something!