UK and French brands

Are you specifically looking for more affordable clothing chains? Like their "versions" of Forever 21, Express, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc.?

From what I have read, I would say the UK equivalent to Forever 21 is Primark, while their H&M/Zara is Topshop/Topman...

Having said that, I've only personally shopped Topman at Nordstrom. Its initial ticket is high compared to H&M, and NOTHING is tumble dry, but they do take massive markdowns on it.

I am also personally dissapointed with the (mens) merchandise selection at Cotton On, who claim to be "the H&M of Australia".

Thanks for the info! More like Zara.

Most of the French retail brands you'll find in France are more in the mid-range price category (ie JCrew rather than F21). In addition to the ones other posters have listed:

Iro
American Retro
Loft (Design by)
American Vintage
Manoush
Zadig &Voltaire
Les Petites
B&sh
Cop-Copines
Agnes B

Some more UK brands I haven't seen mentioned:

New Look
River Island
Monsoon / Accessorize
Coast
Warehouse

Cotton On, the H&M of Australia? That could be funniest thing I've ever heard. :roflmfao:

Yeah, they most definitely are not, despite what the store salespeople like to claim or reviews on yelp attest. The store they most remind me of is Rue 21, which is like a lower-end skater clothing + Aeropostale type store that is usually found in strip malls and power centers that cannot "support" a store like American Eagle or the like. Except that everything is "do not tumble dry"...

Back on topic, I've chatted with online friends in London who absolutely love River Island.

There are plenty of chain stores in the UK. Ones that sell worldwide that I know of are:

Topshop - Amazing clothes, shoes, etc.
Next(Kind of like a better quality Gap) - sells clothing, shoes, watches, costume jewelry, etc.
Marks & Spencers - Clothing, beauty products, food
Boots - This is a chemist(Pharmacist) They sell all different brands, but also have their own brands, Boots No17(cheaper) Boots No 7(more expensive) I personally love Boots!

That's all I can think of for now...

Whoops! I was not paying attention at all. I was thinking of stores shipping worldwide Sorry!:P

Hi all, does anyone know how Reiss' sizing goes? Esp for wool coats? I find myself in between XS and S depending on brand. I have long arms, narrow shoulders, and fuller hips. TIA!

I want to order from Hobbs but I'm very apprehensive to do so since I could be hit with import taxes and other fees. Has anyone ordered from the states before?

Haven't ordered from Hobbs specifically, but have ordered from the UK before. I wasn't hit with any import fees a few years ago when I bought ski wear...was about £300. Ive also ordered from whistles, that was £80, and wasn't hit with fees either. Think it really depends on luck?

Haven't ordered from Hobbs specifically, but have ordered from the UK before. I wasn't hit with any import fees a few years ago when I bought ski wear...was about £300. Ive also ordered from whistles, that was £80, and wasn't hit with fees either. Think it really depends on luck?
Lol. Thanks for responding. I think I'll take the chance and place an order. Hopefully your luck will rub off on me. :biggrin: