Uh oh, now I'm addicted

Exciting on both counts LibJames and MissMoiMoi - it means double the reveals - super yay!!! can't wait to see pics of more of your gorgeous bags girls!! my drool-ometer is in overdrive with anticipation!!!:lol:

BagsRmyweakness I thought of you this morning and how you said you were practically jumping up and down when the delivery guy showed up. That will be me!!! :lol:

Oh I was - I'm sure he thought I was a sandwich short of a picnic basket but I was too excited to care! did you jump up and down when your Skin Marcie arrived?!

Oh my goodness BRMW, you made me laaaaaaaugh out loud with that one. I love how enthusiastic you are. I'm the same!

I HOPPED all the way to the door, answered it before he even rang the bell and jumped up and down after signing. Then hopped back in the house and my DH was working from home yesterday, so he just kept shaking his head. HE thinks I'm more nuts than anyone. He was laughing in spite of himself, though.

This is going to have to do for a year or so or I'm gonna end up divorced. Ha!

Oh my goodness BRMW, you made me laaaaaaaugh out loud with that one. I love how enthusiastic you are. I'm the same!

I HOPPED all the way to the door, answered it before he even rang the bell and jumped up and down after signing. Then hopped back in the house and my DH was working from home yesterday, so he just kept shaking his head. HE thinks I'm more nuts than anyone. He was laughing in spite of himself, though.

This is going to have to do for a year or so or I'm gonna end up divorced. Ha!

that is gold LibJames! and don't worry my hubby thinks I'm nuts as well :biggrin: Chloe's are just gorgeous - excitement comes with the territory and it is just such a decadent bag!...I'm saving for my next one but its going to be a while too...luckily we have beautiful bags to enjoy and get to drool over what others purchase in the mean time! its also exciting wondering what new colors will be around this time next year!

Doodleydoo, I'm about to say something heretical:

I not only love the Ethel, but I prefer it to the paraty and marcie lines. What can I say? I have a thing for totes.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Doodleydoo, I'm about to say something heretical:

I not only love the Ethel, but I prefer it to the paraty and marcie lines. What can I say? I have a thing for totes.

*ducks and runs for cover*

lol - that is gold DrDior! You do love your totes. Marcie is rockstar but I really like the look of the Ethels, esp the contrast in the handle and the pearl, berry and red colored ones caught my eye recently, especially after a tPFer posted pics of hers as all I had really seen were stock pics . Were you going to purchase one soon? - cyclamen or clay from memory?

*groans*

It's a toss up between my heart (which says 'Ethel, come to mommy') and my shoulder (which says 'if you buy another big, heavy bag, you crazy *****, you'll be sorry!'). lol.

So, I'm looking at the Marcie pouch, but I really want an Ethel in clay. The cyclamen is gorgeous, but I think a neutral would be better for the summer with all the bright colours.

I have a feeling that the final decision will be an impulse one in the shop.

The good news, though, is that I get to go back to the UK in June for work, so there's always a possibility of scooping whichever one I don't get the first time round.

*groans*

It's a toss up between my heart (which says 'Ethel, come to mommy') and my shoulder (which says 'if you buy another big, heavy bag, you crazy *****, you'll be sorry!'). lol.

So, I'm looking at the Marcie pouch, but I really want an Ethel in clay. The cyclamen is gorgeous, but I think a neutral would be better for the summer with all the bright colours.

I have a feeling that the final decision will be an impulse one in the shop.

The good news, though, is that I get to go back to the UK in June for work, so there's always a possibility of scooping whichever one I don't get the first time round.

:roflmfao: awesome toss up description!
I say go the Ethel - she won't let you rest until you get one, and even if you get the pouch, I doubt it will satisfy the mad-about-totes part of you!. Your shoulder will endure more suffering (it's the inevitable downside of bag-love), don't be leading it up the garden path pretending it won't! ;) compromise and tell it that on SOME days, you will pack only the absolute essentials (yes, sometimes outright lies are just the way to go! :lol: Ethel, Ethel, Ethel!

PS - you can carry the Ethel crossbody, so that has to help out the shoulder situation somewhat? I'm a same shoulder girl but crossbody I have to use the other shoulder so it hangs on the side I'd normally wear it - yes I am weird :smile:

Last edited:
I fear that you're right and I won't really and truly love my little marcie the way that I would her big sister, Ethel.

In the spirit of compromise, I did check out the mini-Ethels. But they just don't have the sexiness of the tote.

http://www.harveynichols.com/womens...ethel-leather-handbag.html?colour=BRIGHT+PINK

An additional factor: the mini Elsies are kinda cute too (although the bigger bags are also lovelier in the bigger size).

Egad. I am a sizeist!

I can't believe no one's fawned over the Ethel range yet! I'm in love with them.

Oh, I've been admiring Ethels too (from a distance as there isn't a single one in stock locally)...I just cannot keep up and post every "bag" thought that on the ol' brain :lol:

I have quietly admired many more Chloe bags...big, big SIGH

I fear that you're right and I won't really and truly love my little marcie the way that I would her big sister, Ethel.

In the spirit of compromise, I did check out the mini-Ethels. But they just don't have the sexiness of the tote.

http://www.harveynichols.com/womens...ethel-leather-handbag.html?colour=BRIGHT+PINK

An additional factor: the mini Elsies are kinda cute too (although the bigger bags are also lovelier in the bigger size).

Egad. I am a sizeist!

the mini-Ethels are so cute! - I've checked them out also, as missmoimoi said - our poor brains are just overloaded with so many gorgeous bags!

I prefer the small Elsie to the mini elsie - chain straps and long hair = me turning into the hulk at the bag :biggrin:

I sympathize on the size issue - I'm a hobo girl - I love the idea (and less shoulder strain) of the smaller bags but I'm always drawn to the bigger ones. Out of the above, I would still vote the Ethel. As a compromise what about the small Ethel instead of med?:
http://www.harveynichols.com/womens...ethel-small-leather-satchel.html?colour=TAUPE