UGGS child size vs. womens' size question

It's possible that the sizes vary slightly depending on the batch of shoes from manufacturer. Here's what I noticed when I tried them on today (first time), I'm most often a size 6 in shoes (6.5 once in awhile) and I fit into a women's size 6. When I tried the youth sizes, the youth size 6 is slightly larger than women's 6 and the youth size 5 is slightly smaller than women's size 6. In other words, youth 5 < womens 6 < youth 6. Hope this helps someone!

Just to update, I ended up trying them again and I actually fit the 5 in womens and 4 in kids. For whatever reason, the shaft height of the size 5 womens is shorter than the size 6 so it is the same height as the kids (ones with the white tag on the back). The kids sizes that have a white label are slightly taller than the ones with the brown.

I know I read somewhere that Adult Uggs and Youth Uggs have sizing equivilents.....and I just want to be sure....

Zappo's just notified me that they have tall youth uggs in stock....My neice wears a woman's 7...so if I remember what I read correctly, I can buy a youth 5 and it will fit her.....Right?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!! She really wants these for Christmas and I want to be the good auntie that gets them for her.....;)

I know I read somewhere that Adult Uggs and Youth Uggs have sizing equivilents.....and I just want to be sure....

Zappo's just notified me that they have tall youth uggs in stock....My neice wears a woman's 7...so if I remember what I read correctly, I can buy a youth 5 and it will fit her.....Right?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!! She really wants these for Christmas and I want to be the good auntie that gets them for her.....;)

I usually wear a 6.5 in regular shoes. My Ugg Classic Shorts are a size 5 youth and fit fine, maybe a little loose, so if your niece is usually a size 7, the size 5 youth Uggs should be perfect!

absolutely true!

I usually wear a size 6 (normal shoes) and ordered a youth 6 for my Uggs... WRONG!

I then replaced them with a 5 and these were big too...

Now waiting on the 4 youth... hopefully these will work out... I'm sure they'll be snug...

^^ So, my sister-in-law wants me to get her the youth 6 so she can wear a thick sock with them and then wear them again next year....please tell me this is a BAD idea.....

Thanks!!

Just wanted to give my input: I tried on a size 6 in youth for the Dakotas. I'm a 7 in women's sizing for the classic Uggs. Fit just fine for me. For youth sizing, I'd go down 2 sizes from your non-Ugg/regular sizing (so I'm typically a 7.5 to 8).

^^ So, my sister-in-law wants me to get her the youth 6 so she can wear a thick sock with them and then wear them again next year....please tell me this is a BAD idea.....

Thanks!!

I orderd the Youth size 5 classic tall Uggs for my niece from Zappos, she wears a 7 in regular shoes....I hope they are a perfect fit.....:sweatdrop:

Does anyone know if the lining is removable in the the youth Uggs? Well, if they don't fit her, at least she can return them, for the next size up...but I was afraid to order the 6 have have it look and be too big for her.....If she can't wear them next year, who cares......

^ Uggs stretch with regular wear, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the 5 should fit her fine if she's a regular 7. I'm a regular 7.5 to 8 & my ideal Ugg size should be a 6 (but I bought a 7 & it's getting loose).

Thanks Vinyl...yes, she's a regular 7.........I'm glad to know they stretch with wear, I'm sure they will be fine for her. I really didn't want to go bigger, she would look like she's wearing her mom's shoes.....good grief, she's only 12!