UGGS child size vs. womens' size question

I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread so thought I would see. I wear a size 5 uggs in classic. I'm thinking of getting the youth ones to save money (the Hayden's) so if I'm understanding the above posts, I order a size 4 youth? I'm normally a 6.5 (sometimes a 7) size in regular shoes but I'm not sure if that's helping or complicating things????

I don't know if this is going to help, but I'm a woman's size 5 - the 5 in their adult sizes was too big, so I ended up getting a size 3 in kid's and they fit perfectly.

If you're a size 5 in adult sizes, then a size 4 would probably fit you best (for a reg. women's size 6).

im going to buy Classic cardy convertible sweater boot in black, womens size usa. i wear a size 7.5. what size would you suggest? these are my first pair so im inexperienced in ugg sizing .

Sweater perfect, with three ways to wear it. Imported cotton/wool/shearling.

www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V282815.jpg

i can normaly wear a size 7.5 -8. 8 can run big, but 7.0 is too small on me. any help is appreciated

Last edited:
It's possible that the sizes vary slightly depending on the batch of shoes from manufacturer. Here's what I noticed when I tried them on today (first time), I'm most often a size 6 in shoes (6.5 once in awhile) and I fit into a women's size 6. When I tried the youth sizes, the youth size 6 is slightly larger than women's 6 and the youth size 5 is slightly smaller than women's size 6. In other words, youth 5 < womens 6 < youth 6. Hope this helps someone!

My normal size is 8. I wear size 7 in women's UGG and 6 in kids UGG (2 down from my NORMAL size) Here's 2 pics to make it clear (black ones are kids 6, clay - women's 7) :smile:
IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

Okay, so if I wear a size 6 in womens Uggs order a size 4 in kids uggs!!! Right?? Well,I am just 'thinking' about doing this. Right now I can't even find the kids anywhere...

No, 2 down from your normal size. For example: I am a size 6 in other shoes a size 5 in Women's Uggs and a 4 in youth Uggs:smile:

But, I have to say, when I tried the youth Uggs, I thought they looked too short (as in the shaft height) so I still buy Women's Uggs.

I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread so thought I would see. I wear a size 5 uggs in classic. I'm thinking of getting the youth ones to save money (the Hayden's) so if I'm understanding the above posts, I order a size 4 youth? I'm normally a 6.5 (sometimes a 7) size in regular shoes but I'm not sure if that's helping or complicating things????

I also wear a 6.5 or 7 in most shoes, and I have the youth classic short Uggs in a size 5. I wear them without socks and they fit fine for me! I've also tried on the Haydens in a size 5 and thought they fit well. The Haydens are stiffer and more structured than the classics, so I don't know if they would stretch as much.

I'm a size 8.5 in regular shoes, 8 in womens, and a 6 kids. The only downside is the shaft of the boot is shorter which is fine for the short version, but with the tall it looks a bit off.

hmm i actually tried on some uggs today. i was torn today between the tall and the short for women's sizes ...i thought both looked okay on me, but tried smooshing down the tall ones by an inch or so, to get an idea of buying a pair of kids' uggs for cheaper than the women's.

still not sure what to do! lho, the classic talls for kids look sorta weird? (i haven't yet seen or tried on the big kids' uggs yet). though in ryna's post, with both boots looking flat, the kids' boots in black looks wider/bigger circumference than the women's in clay? easier to stuff my jeans into, maybe?

i measured the ones i tried on, the women's talls, and they were true to zappos: 11.5" (not including the sole, measured from middle/arch area)....are the kids' ones really 11.0" or seem more than a 1/2" shorter?