Two dressers a bit excessive?

My DH and I have 2 separate walki-in closets, not huge, of decent sizes for a 'normal' person. His contains all of his clothes and accessories.

Mine contains jeans, buttoned shirts, leather jackets, denim jackets, blazers and my shoes and boots.

Then, there is a built-in wall unit (all shelves and drawers) along one entire wall of the bedroom - and not a shred of DH's clothes is in it. My sweaters, lingerie, socks, pantyhose, scarves, jewelry, tee shirts, sweat shirts, I could go on, are in it.

THEN, there is a closet in a spare bedroom/my computer room/office TV room full of just my purses, and a few winter coats which I don't wear unless I am traveling, as I live in Northern CA.
I'm sick!

I hafta go through that wall unit and consign and donate!

And, as they say in the fashion mags, I wear 10% of my wardrobe 90% (or whatever the % they say)/

Sick sick sick.

I want ot simplify my life, I had better start there.

Caveat: I go up and down a size now and then, and I have some great designer jeans and fairly classic and timeless sweaters and shirts that do not fit right now, but I sure as hell am not going too throw them away.

I am losing some weight fairly well right now, and hope in a few months I will wear these again. In that case the larger things will still fit, but in a Boy-jeans way, and slightly oversized) sweaters, which is still OK. I only fluctuate one size up or down.