Tweed Classic Flap from 23A (Medium) - Yes or No?

WVHermesFan

Aug 12, 2016
I have always wanted to add a classic flap in tweed. I came across this medium size from the 23A Metiers d'Art collection. For those of you who have tweed bags, would this be a good addition? Do you think this tweed pattern is "classic" enough to withstand time? I wish to build a collection of handbags where I have a good selection of classic items that are considered timeless. This pattern is slightly loud, but the colors are good. Wondering if a more tone-on-tone tweed will wear better; nevertheless, the colors on this tweed are very nice and neutral. Kindly share your thoughts.

IMG_5680.jpegIMG_5682.jpeg

I have a few tweed bags and honestly, this color way is a bit limiting for me. Although pretty, my favorite tweeds have more colors. The other thing that worries me a bit is the weave. Wondering if it would snag easily as the weave is fairly loose and a long stitch. Lastly, I prefer a mini in a tweed bag. However, if you love it, you should keep it as only you know what works best for you.

I think every collection needs accent / statement pieces. Tweed is the perfect statement. I would say overall its not loud but the pattern is busy (it is tweed). I think there was a red tweed from the same collection that was much more loud, it was stunning tbh. What you have here is a beauty.

I think it’s a great option if the colours work with your wardrobe. There are two things that I would consider - firstly the price of tweed mediums is the same as caviar/lamb and I personally don’t find them hard wearing enough in a medium size to justify the price. Caviar can withstand daily use so I can justify the price somewhat. I prefer tweed in a mini size for occasional use and it’s a better price point. Second the weave (although beautiful) is very loose and large so I think this would snag easily - and although snags can be fixed it might get annoying over time if it keeps happening.