TTS Vs TTS US size, an explanation

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been wanting to post this but I haven't in fear of getting a million people telling me to go the the sizing reference.

But I wanted to discuss this.

I see on the forum....that some people say true to size or TTS....and some TTS US sizing.

Is there a difference between TTS vs TTS US size?

I would say for example if I were to buy Steve Madden I am a US size 8 but if I were to buy Prada or Manolo Blahnik I am a 38.5.

Christian Louboutins of course run all over the place but I think in my head my TTS Louboutin size is 38.5

and if things run true to your US size its 8.

Just wanted to discuss.

2. I think I'm in the minority, so this might not be much help, but my US TTS is usually my CL TTS also. Almost all CL styles I take my normal US size, and with the new sizing, I'm actually sizing down 1/2 size in a lot of styles. I think my feet are just weird though. :P

3. Very interesting. I know that we are all different....and each shoe is different etc....

4. #4 Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    I am a Loubie newb so I have no idea what my CL TTS is. So when I use TTS I always specify that it is TTS with my US size, for example: I'm a US 7.5, so if I said my CLS were TTS, they would be a 37.5. Generally though, it seems I need to go up half a size for loubies, up to a 38 since they tend to run small.

5. my older season shoes are same size as my US size....

i always thought when ppl said TTS it meant same size as their US size :shrugs:

6. Haha there's always confusion on this! Before the sizing got real wonky, I usually fit a half size up from my US size making my CL TTS 37.5 and my US TTS 7. I always make sure to specify what if I'm talking about US or CL sizing :P

7. I find that my TTS is about a 7 (US) and that I have to size up .5 for CL. In the new sizing, I am a pretty solid 37.

I also stay true to my CL size in a lot of styles that people size up for (Decollete, Declic), and size up for some styles others size down for (Numero Prive... some like the sling to be tighter; the length will be too short for me if I size down).

The thing is, I still have trouble deciding what size to get in some styles because the sizing is so wonky... and I'd say I have a pretty good grasp on my true size! I'm glad you started this thread, Guccigal. :flowers:

8. interesting. my US size is 8.5, but I consider my CL TTS 39. Even more confusing, I consider a 1/2 size up from that my normal CL size, 39.5. So I have CLs that range from size 39 through size 40. and even with the new season's sizing, I still stick right around that 39/39.5 area.

I could have done the LLZ in 38.5 or maybe even the Bianca, but I'd rather have the 39 and add a ball of foot pad if necessary. whenever I'm looking for sizing advice, I take into consideration a range of different styles. CL sizing ... it's complicated!

9. #9 Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    I'm also a Loubie Noubie (don't kill me :biggrin:), so I always specified US TTS because I didn't know my CL TTS. But, after three pairs, I now think I am a CL TTS 37 in current sizing.

Moira - 37, fit perfectly out of the box with no stretching
    Triclo (patent) - 37.5, fits in length but straps are loose and they're unworn. Likely to stretch once worn, too.
    Luly - 37.5, small gap at back out of the box but the straps compensate.

I don't have any earlier season CLs, so I don't know what I would have been in those. My US TTS is somewhere between 7-7.5, depending on the shoe.

I've been reluctant to buy earlier season CLs because I just don't have a grasp on the old sizing, so I love this thread already. It will be really helpful to compare against others with the same US TTS.

10. I remember seeing this asked before, and most of the ladies here have said the same thing, but I will try to elaborate as best I can.

Like many who already posted, my US size is 6, but most of my CLs are 36.5. So my CL size is 36.5.

When I am getting fit advice here and most people say to go TTS, I choose 36.5 (because I want my CL TTS). I size up or down from 36.5 depending on fit advice.

HOWEVER, some of the new season classic shoes were resized, so things are all wonky now. I used to wear the VP style in my CL TTS (36.5), I got a new pair this season and they are TTS (36). Additionally, some peoples US size and CL size were already the same, so their CL TTS might now be 1/2 down from the US size.

I'm not even sure I cleared things up with this! :weird:

11. Every single shoe I have purchased from F/W09 - S/S10 I have taken True To My US Size. Except my Pigalle because they run about 1/2 size.

Compared to US 6.5 I now fit PERFECTLY into Louboutin's Size 36.5

Anything before FW09 I was taking 37 to 37.5

Mr L seems to have made things right when it comes to sizing. I hope it stays this way

12. This thread is fine just where it is...:yes:
    CL sizing drives me completely batty! Some styles I've had to go a whole size down, some 1/2 size up or down...

13. i always mean true to my US size, but like some others, my US size is pretty consistent with my CL size. (usually 6.5-7, very rarely 7.5)

14. I've never been able to go TTS in any CL I've tried on. My TTS is a US 10 and that is pretty accurate for non European shoe makers but with CL's it's sooo werid. For example most ladies would go TTS 1/2 size up in New Simples I had to go a full size up. And for the VP's and YoYo Zeppas I had to go 1.5 sizes up....

My feet are very weird that's why I sometimes don't bother looking at the size thread cause my sizing is so diff.

15. ^^Good point! All feet are different, I have really narrow thin feet so my sizing will obviously be different, in some cases, than someone with wider feet.