Trying to get an idea of Cobalt Blue in Cervo

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Does anyone have a Cobalt Cervo Hobo, or even a Cobalt blue item and other blue leather goods to compare - I’m trying to get an idea of the ‘blueness’ of Cobalt; I’ve had Signal and Empire and ultimately found them too... blue. I know that may not make sense. Maybe I have a thing with blue like Grietje has with red. Regardless, Cobalt is really calling my name - and I’m fairly certain the shade is the newer one, not the one from 2008. Can anyone help with photos? (Not from the web, I’ve found those until I’m (wait for it) blue in the face. I want intel from my fellow BVettes. Thanks in advance. Last time I had this color dilemma was with Duchesse and I finally got that settled (and got the bag).

The "new" Cobalt was done for Resort 2018 I thought?
Cervo Hobo was discontinued sometime in 2017, wasn't it?
I don't think I've ever seen a Cervo (Baseball) Hobo In Cobalt from '08. Does it even exist? :confused1:

The "new" Cobalt was done for Resort 2018 I thought?
Cervo Hobo was discontinued sometime in 2017, wasn't it?
I don't think I've ever seen a Cervo (Baseball) Hobo In Cobalt from '08. Does it even exist? :confused1:
So we've narrowed it down, thank you. I am so used to the Cervo Hobo existing in MY world, I forget that it is no longer being made.

i saw Cobalt irl, it had a strong purple undertone.
Very nice colour, deep and well saturated.
But i saw it in intreciatto (Olimpia?? Garda??) and smooth calf Piazza, not cervo.

@ksuromax: how would you compare it to Atlantic? I ask because of the purple undertones.

I’ve had signal blue, electrique, and empire in cervo. I found them beautiful but it seemed a lot of color as the bag is fairly large.
Signal is quite bright, electrique was warmer, and empire has a stronger turquoise undertone

@ksuromax: how would you compare it to Atlantic? I ask because of the purple undertones.

I’ve had signal blue, electrique, and empire in cervo. I found them beautiful but it seemed a lot of color as the bag is fairly large.
Signal is quite bright, electrique was warmer, and empire has a stronger turquoise undertone
Atlantic is 2-3 shades darker i'd say

This is what I'm looking at. I'm thinking more and more that this is Signal. TRR is calling it Cobalt, and will allow me to return if if I purchase and it's not the color they are advertising. Of course, they cannot possibly look at/photo the authenticity tag. :smile:

Attachments

• BOT82573_1_enlarged.jpg
    BOT82573_1_enlarged.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 77
  • BOT82573_3_enlarged.jpg
    BOT82573_3_enlarged.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: jbags07 and RT1
This is what I'm looking at. I'm thinking more and more that this is Signal. TRR is calling it Cobalt, and will allow me to return if if I purchase and it's not the color they are advertising. Of course, they cannot possibly look at/photo the authenticity tag. :smile:
well, this is NOT Cobalt, that's for sure
Did you consider Peacock??
i have a Cervo hobo in Peacock and it looks darn similar!

That's very pretty,but I've had Signal and Empire and found them too much of a good thing. I'll keep my eyes open... thank you so much!!! Love your modeling with China Red Dog!
i mean did you consider Peacock among your guessings, the one you posted (in question) looks very similar to my Peacock.
It is definitely NOT close to Cobalt