Trusted Resale Websites

VC is good at flagging up items that do not match the condition claimed and negotiating a price reduction.
However I do not have the same confidence in its authenticity screening.
A feeling reinforced by occasional comments on here.
I chose my words carefully.
Yes. I have had to rely on my own knowledge of certain leather and instinct. This means having to avoid certain leather no matter how much I love the look of them, and stick to more "character" leather. So nervous now.

Last edited:
I think condition in general is rarely listed properly. I looked at something on yoogis closet recently with totally frayed stitching and it was listed as “like new.” Obsessively examine pictures.

I can't reinforce this enough.
You might see a blemish that you think is a trick of the light - but don't assume that your interpretation is correct
Ask what might seem the most obvious and possibly distrusting questions.
You can preface your question with some comment like;
Please excuse this question but I am sure you appreciate my caution ? ? ?

Also unless a listing does not specifically state that an item is in perfect condition or has no scratches or does not smell or anything else that comes to mind
ask about it
a reputable seller will understand and be pleased to reassure you

this all creates an important paper trail should you have a problem

caveat emptor

I can't reinforce this enough.
You might see a blemish that you think is a trick of the light - but don't assume that your interpretation is correct
Ask what might seem the most obvious and possibly distrusting questions.
You can preface your question with some comment like;
Please excuse this question but I am sure you appreciate my caution ? ? ?

Also unless a listing does not specifically state that an item is in perfect condition or has no scratches or does not smell or anything else that comes to mind
ask about it
a reputable seller will understand and be pleased to reassure you

this all creates an important paper trail should you have a problem

caveat emptor

Such good advice regarding buying anything that's pre-owned. Asking questions prior to buying is also a good way to get a feeling for the seller. A reputable seller will be happy to answer questions and provide additional photos as needed. He/she should be willing to earn your trust. I just would not deal with anyone who will not readily provide help prior to a purchase.

Hello, has anyone experienced purchasing from Instagram Pursepurveyor? I got her name from a Youtuber and she has been quite responsive but not sure if you can share your experience? Also if you purchase from an Instagram resellers, what’s your payment method? Would you do a wire transfer or opt in for another type of payment with fees but offering some kind of purchase protection? Thank you for your help!

Hello, has anyone experienced purchasing from Instagram Pursepurveyor? I got her name from a Youtuber and she has been quite responsive but not sure if you can share your experience? Also if you purchase from an Instagram resellers, what’s your payment method? Would you do a wire transfer or opt in for another type of payment with fees but offering some kind of purchase protection? Thank you for your help!

No-one in their right mind would do a wire transfer for thousands

Ladies and gents,

I was wondering what your opinions are about getting a bag authenticated that is a vintage from 1990s. Should I get it authenticated or not? Were there even Hermes fakes back then? Asking for a friend …j/k. I caved and bought another bag. Uggh.

Here are the deets: I bought a non-B/K/C bag…fairly rare and unknown bag (Kelgo black box calf) from Amore Vintage Japan that i loved immediately. At inspection, it looked great and authentic with the original box and dustbag. Stamp is circle W 1993. Anyway, if you were me, would you have Bababebi evaluate it or not? Am i being too casual for assuming it’s authentic just because it’s so old and not popular?

Your opinions are much appreciated as always. Thanks.

Reactions: addiCCted
Well, why not? The fees are short money compared to peace of mind in my view. You're asking, so you likely have some level of discomfort about it and it's worth it not to have to worry about this along with all of the other things you're probably worried about in your life. I'm a big fan of eliminating stress where I can. You might also learn some interesting facts about the bag that could increase your enjoyment. Just my two cents :flowers:

Well, why not? The fees are short money compared to peace of mind in my view. You're asking, so you likely have some level of discomfort about it and it's worth it not to have to worry about this along with all of the other things you're probably worried about in your life. I'm a big fan of eliminating stress where I can. You might also learn some interesting facts about the bag that could increase your enjoyment. Just my two cents :flowers:

For me, it Depends on how much I paid for the bag. If it feels like an Hermes bag to me, I’d probably skip the authenticity.

If it didn’t I would return it already.
Thanks you guys. The money is not an issue although why not if i can save. What is tough is doing the pictures. Last time i did the authentication process i had to stop work an hr early so i can take the pictures in sunlight. Then i ran out of time and the sun went down. So the next day i had to take off early again to continue with the pictures. The whole process took like 2 hrs because i wanted to exactly match the pictures needed for the authentication. It’s work guys. (Lol I sound so silly) but yeah the bag was mid5Ks so not too expensive.

If you are serious about buying, you should definitely ask. If your offer is reasonable, they will ask the seller on your behalf
Thank you, I did ask and was offered a very small discount but the bag is marked up so high it still didn’t make a difference. It would be such a huge loss if I were to ever sell the bag . And yet it still sits unsold. I don’t get the concept of marking it up so high….

Reactions: Letter
Thank you, I did ask and was offered a very small discount but the bag is marked up so high it still didn’t make a difference. It would be such a huge loss if I were to ever sell the bag . And yet it still sits unsold. I don’t get the concept of marking it up so high….
When you make an offer to Ann’s, they do not reduce their commission, they offer the lower price to the consignor (or just decide for the consignor, if that person has said the price is flexible - speaking as a somewhat-frequent consignor with them). Their fees are not on the low side, pretty average, so most likely the consigner has the same thought process that you have (in reverse); they don’t want to take a big loss on it, and they’re not super anxious about selling it quickly. In my experience, Ann’s is very pleasant to work with as a consigner, they are very responsive, but on the other hand I have learned over time that the quotes they give me are not likely to result in a sale anytime soon, if ever. When they give me an initial quote, I always think about what price I think the item would actually sell for, and then I asked them what my take-home amount would be if we priced it at that number. Generally, it only makes sense with very premium items that I purchased at retail price and have no use for (so the value is low for me to just keep it). If I purchased it at market rate myself, or if I would still use it occasionally, then I usually can’t justify the loss. However, I can see how a lot of consigners would assume that the quoted price is realistic, and/or they are OK with waiting a few years for a sale, as it will happen eventually in most cases. I am guessing the consigner is just not ready to let it go at the price they would receive for a realistic selling price for the bag. Some sites mandate pricing for aggressive sales, but Ann’s is not like that at all, they prioritize making the consigner feel respected and prioritized.

• Thanks
Reactions: QuelleFromage
When you make an offer to Ann’s, they do not reduce their commission, they offer the lower price to the consignor (or just decide for the consignor, if that person has said the price is flexible - speaking as a somewhat-frequent consignor with them). Their fees are not on the low side, pretty average, so most likely the consigner has the same thought process that you have (in reverse); they don’t want to take a big loss on it, and they’re not super anxious about selling it quickly. In my experience, Ann’s is very pleasant to work with as a consigner, they are very responsive, but on the other hand I have learned over time that the quotes they give me are not likely to result in a sale anytime soon, if ever. When they give me an initial quote, I always think about what price I think the item would actually sell for, and then I asked them what my take-home amount would be if we priced it at that number. Generally, it only makes sense with very premium items that I purchased at retail price and have no use for (so the value is low for me to just keep it). If I purchased it at market rate myself, or if I would still use it occasionally, then I usually can’t justify the loss. However, I can see how a lot of consigners would assume that the quoted price is realistic, and/or they are OK with waiting a few years for a sale, as it will happen eventually in most cases. I am guessing the consigner is just not ready to let it go at the price they would receive for a realistic selling price for the bag. Some sites mandate pricing for aggressive sales, but Ann’s is not like that at all, they prioritize making the consigner feel respected and prioritized.
I can see what you are saying but if I buy this bag at that price, I would never get anything close to what I paid when I resell it. I feel the initial price is so way over the top and unrealistic. If they want to have it sit there for years, it’s their choice . Clearly it’s not going to sell at that price so what is the point? I would not be happy with my item sitting there for years but I respect that’s what they want to do. I really don’t see the point. I will add they were very polite and professional when I spoke with them. Ops I didn’t realize I was in the Hermes forum. It is not an Hermes bag..

Reactions: nicole0612