Trophy Satchel v. Biblio

mlinky

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
OK ladies, I'm hoping that someone has both the TS and Biblio and could give me some advice. I'm looking for a work bag. It must hold my netbook (about 10.5" x 8" x 1") and the basic necessities of life. It also must not overwhelm my 5' 1" frame and be comfortably carried on fairly narrow shoulders. What do you think?

Oo, it's the Biblio vs TS smackdown!

Sorry, I have no real advice. I think they both look like great bags, the TS is much more structured (which might make a difference in terms of carrying your laptop), and it has divided compartments. But it sounds like the Biblio strap is more comfortable, and it's a larger bag, no? Maybe gingey can weigh in the merits of carrying a laptop in the Biblio.

I don't have either bag yet but I asked once about my macbook and someone said that the biblio was soft at the bottom (no firm bottom :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:) and might hang funny.

Sally, those smileys look like they're TRYING to achieve firm bottoms. Haven't seen the TS IRL but did own a Trophy and think it's a marvelous work bag; from the dimensions and pics, it looks like the TS would be ideal for your needs, Mlinky. The Biblio does seem more slouchy; using the strap it hangs like a hobo and isn't structured at all.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. That is what I'm concerned about...the slouchy size factor (SSF). The original Trophy was much too big looking on me, but because of the SSF, the Havana Hobo works beautifully. OTOH, I think some kind of structure might be required because of the netbook. Bri, do you actually have both? I anxiously await pics!

I have to run out so no time for pics (taking DD prom dress shopping in SF today) but I grabbed my 10" (with the larger battery so it's a bit heavier) netbook and popped into my Trophy Satchel and it fits easily with tons of room to spare plus you still have the other pocket to put your regular stuff in. I didn't have anything else in there but it didn't seem to push the bottom of that bag out at all - I think it's a bit more structure than the Biblio however.

BTW my laptop does fit in the Biblio, but it makes the bag hang really funny with it pushing the bottom down...the lack of structure makes a huge difference. I'd definitely say the TS over the Biblio, the TS seems like the perfect netbook bag.