Trifold wallets… tight

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
I had an lv victorine wallet and sold it because it was sooo tight i couldnt get my cards out!
I got a mulberry version last summer and same issue.
Is it me?
Is it the kind lf cards my bank uses?
Are trifolds just very tight?

Many bifold and trifold wallets are tight, and I blame the designers that don't understand their assignment. Some trifolds have 2 buttons which is one of the only ways to make the wallet stretch enough when full. Bifolds need to have the other half of the zipper sewn on a leather tab to give it stretch.

I've had new wallets (trifold and not!) be very tight! With use the cards get easier to pull out in my experience.

I sold a Z Spoke Zac Posen wallet because the slots never let go of my cards and the driver's license slot didn't have a little hole in it to make sliding it out easy.

I've had new wallets (trifold and not!) be very tight! With use the cards get easier to pull out in my experience.

I sold a Z Spoke Zac Posen wallet because the slots never let go of my cards and the driver's license slot didn't have a little hole in it to make sliding it out easy.
I have an MCM wallet and while the CC slots have loosened a bit, the slot for my DL has not.

One day while struggling to get it out for hospital admittance reasons, the nice staff member told me about a trick he uses--he slips a piece of ribbon on the DL longways before slipping it into the slot--I just have to pull on the ribbon and it comes right out now.