Treatment in LV Stores

millivanilli

Jan 29, 2016
Dear Mods,

I didn't find anything here so I decided to open a new thread- please feel free to move or delete (the latest I hope won't take place)

Dear all,

I am thinking about "moving" to LV. I am simply fed up with the treatment and the games Hermès plays with me and am looking for a new designer I can carry my money to. Actually I like the designs of LV a lot but am wondering how the treatment in LV stores is, in general. I simply do not want to repeat my experience I had with Hermès, including no call backs, hunting an item that was clearly available via hermes.com beein lied at and so on.

So, could you please give me a short impression how you feel treated at LV?

THANK you!

Sorry to hear you've been treated badly :sad: I think you will like LV's customer service. All of my experiences have been great, except this one time when a sales associate sold me a returned bag (it had stains and hair)....but it was also my fault for not checking the bag throughly. I did also encountered this rude associate, but I think it will happen at any stores, and other associates were helpful. I've gone into stores really dressed down (in tank top, shorts, no makeup) and I was still helped. Wish you best of luck!

Dear Mods,

I didn't find anything here so I decided to open a new thread- please feel free to move or delete (the latest I hope won't take place)

Dear all,

I am thinking about "moving" to LV. I am simply fed up with the treatment and the games Hermès plays with me and am looking for a new designer I can carry my money to. Actually I like the designs of LV a lot but am wondering how the treatment in LV stores is, in general. I simply do not want to repeat my experience I had with Hermès, including no call backs, hunting an item that was clearly available via hermes.com beein lied at and so on.

THANK you!
Hi millivanilli,
I find no huge difference between the LV and Hermes boutique experience -- as a new shopper, you will still want to find a good SA with whom you can work; as a regular client, you will be welcomed with small courtesies such as a cold drink or a coffee and more personalised assistance/ flexibility with reserved items and after-sales services. What I do notice is that SA's at LV are quicker to offer these small courtesies to a new client than at H.

You will likely have less frustration in LV than H when shopping for bags and slgs because there's "relatively" more stock. There are no games. ;) You only need to be quick in letting your SA know if you want to reserve limited edition or seasonal release items and they will find and hold it for you (the intel gleaned here at TPF works in our favour! My SA is able to reserve items I want to see when I come visit). And LV offers haute maroquinerie, which I believe involves far less stress than H's SO, if that's something you like.

I find it best to avoid LV at peak shopping times only because there's more people going to LV than H, though you can always set an appointment with your SA to expect you.

I hope you'll find a good SA and enjoy LV shopping! I love different things from LV and H and have enjoyed excellent service from both so far. There's probably just the unmet expectation regarding coveted bags at H that ruins enjoyment for some H lovers. Good luck! :hugs:

I had a problem once with a store manager who didn't care to help me. I left after trying every single bag I could think of. I came bag the next day, got helped by someone else and bought what I wanted. she saw me and was like "why didn't you just asked for me". I told her she wasn't helpful the day before and that I'd rather work with someone else....
You should be fine, It's the only problem I ever had, wich I tought was just bas luck.

I've had some pretty bad service from LV in London. I look younger than I am so people think I can't afford anything. I just get ignored and buy what I want online which is a damn shame if you ask me.

Reactions: gucceelin
Dear Mods,

Dear all,

THANK you!
Dear millivanilli,
I completely understand that you don't want to play the Hermes game anymore. I've been lied too :
Me - Do you have any Rodeos ?
SA - No (with a big smile on her face and saying yes with the head ; if you've ever watched Lie to me, you know what I mean :smile:
When I read on the Hermes forum how things are now at FSH : people queuing for an appointment, time of the appointment changing and people still accepting that, I can't understand.
I've always been treated very nicely at LV ; at Hermes too, except two locations where the SA didn't want to sell and I left the store speaking loudly to my husband : "Next time, we'll buy online." The SAs'face were priceless.
Go to LV and you'll see if you like the shopping experience. Else, you can always buy online (everything is on the Website, not like by Hermes).
Have a very nice day.

Hi millivanilli,
I find no huge difference between the LV and Hermes boutique experience -- as a new shopper, you will still want to find a good SA with whom you can work; as a regular client, you will be welcomed with small courtesies such as a cold drink or a coffee and more personalised assistance/ flexibility with reserved items and after-sales services. What I do notice is that SA's at LV are quicker to offer these small courtesies to a new client than at H.

You will likely have less frustration in LV than H when shopping for bags and slgs because there's "relatively" more stock. There are no games. ;) You only need to be quick in letting your SA know if you want to reserve limited edition or seasonal release items and they will find and hold it for you (the intel gleaned here at TPF works in our favour! My SA is able to reserve items I want to see when I come visit). And LV offers haute maroquinerie, which I believe involves far less stress than H's SO, if that's something you like.

I find it best to avoid LV at peak shopping times only because there's more people going to LV than H, though you can always set an appointment with your SA to expect you.

I hope you'll find a good SA and enjoy LV shopping! I love different things from LV and H and have enjoyed excellent service from both so far. There's probably just the unmet expectation regarding coveted bags at H that ruins enjoyment for some H lovers. Good luck! :hugs:

Dear litchi,

thank you for your reply :love:

Actually my WORST problem was, that even despite the fact that I went to my local H boutique on a very regular basis and always (always like in: everytime I entered the store) bought something I never had an SA. Let me start:

Visit number one: looking for a Kawaii bracelet- any Kawaii. I finally managed to find a SA (mal) who helped me, but wasn't lucky finding the jewelry section. (yep. He ran around the store and the other SAs watched him with amusement. I wasn't amused to say the least). Finally he managed to find the jewelry section and in this one Kawaii- too small for me, nevertheless I bought it. I have hughe difficulties getting it on my wrist as it is XS and I'd need S or M. But however I got the piece.
Visit number two ( from here on I am going to mix up as I lost track) still with that you male SA: that was good. I got a scarf - not in the CW I actually wanted. I didn't get the Mors scarf ring I wanted to buy (I still don't have one). Again the SA was left alone, nobody helped him out, and as he had problems figuring out what I wanted we both looked up on his mobile phone what the Mors looks like. Well, might happen, really, I donÄt blame him. I blame the others. However,. let's go to visit number 3:
Number 3: I wanted to buy a scarf for my husband. Again, nobody knew what I was talking about. Just to make clear: I always refered to hermes.com where the items were available. I just did not want to order online. So, no following scarf for my husband, ok so be it, another scarf please. my husband wanted a bright green scarf he saw in the men's section. So the SA asked the SA from the men's department, who unwillingly brought the scarf, threw (like threwing) it on the table and left, but not without adding " that design is REALLY too much!". I stood there, mouth open. I purchased the music scarf for my husband, 2 90cm, carrees for me and 2 twillies for my daughter.
Next visit - and now it becomes worse: the male SA left. (till now I have no clue what his name was). From that point on, nobody felt responsible for me. That means that I had to grab the next trainee I could get to get my items. The max was reached at the point I wanted to pick up my two bags I brought in for reapair and embossing a logo and literally stood there for 40 minutes. Between the las visit with the male SA and the picking up my bags we went through really hard times- beginning with a Halzan, ordered by me, never arrived. Going over to a scarf that was on display and was promised to be reserved for me after undecorating, never got the call- so went into the store and asked for it- nobody could find it. A bracelet, ordere in M, never arrived, order not to be found. A tie ordered for my husband, never arrived, order not to be found. The list goes on and on.

The time span I am talking about is about 4 or 5 monthes, in these I purchased:
1 bag (actually I wanted an Halzan too but: see above)
6 or 7 90 cm carrees
countless bodylotions (I guess all of them except that one with pieplant) and 3 or 4 perfumes
5 twillies
2 scarfs for my husband
2 bracelets
1 140 cm scarf
some fine china

and other items I do not have in my mind. In my opinion, these purchases would give me the title of an returning customer. So: I wouldn't be that upset if I'd had a personal SA whom I could call or mail or ask. Acutally my problem results from beeing not treated as a regular which makes me mad, as if you add the figures above I guess I cracked the 10.000 Euro mark. All items I wanted to have I really wanted to have -see the Mors ring I still want to have.
This is what i am complaining about, I am not complaining about not getting a coffee or not beeing greeted nicely (never did btw except for the security person who was really nice and calmed me down sometimes by giving me an " I know it sucks"-look- they should write him a chrstimas thank you note if you'd ask me), I am complaining about not getting what I ordered, items that were on hold for me and then get lost in the store, even though these were typical products and not very sought after.

I am still thinking about writing an Email to the Shop manager and complaining, but for the beginning I simply want to step into a shop, get what I want (and I really do not want super special things) and that's it... I'd LOVE to have an SA I can set an appointment- if I had one, I wouldn't skip to the website to get what I want, which won't include bags, shoes and jewelry as I am a "have to feel it" person. And, yes I am a "treat myself with an great shopping experience"-person. The money I spend on luxury goods is really hard earned and I want to get the feeling that I had a pleasant experience.

So, sorry if my words sounded harsh, English is my second language- I just wanted to point out that I am not repelled by a bad treatment that happened once but that this was an ongoing problem, albeit I spent some money and returend and returned and returned. Funny note is, that the first time I was offered a coffee was the last time I took a step into that store and I was 1 second away from grabbing the next SA and telling her to bring the shopmanager to me, NOW.

Sorry to hear you've been treated badly :sad: I think you will like LV's customer service. All of my experiences have been great, except this one time when a sales associate sold me a returned bag (it had stains and hair)....but it was also my fault for not checking the bag throughly. I did also encountered this rude associate, but I think it will happen at any stores, and other associates were helpful. I've gone into stores really dressed down (in tank top, shorts, no makeup) and I was still helped. Wish you best of luck!

Dear lovebagsholic, thank you for your reply! I learnt that lesson already at Hermes--- got a bag that had stains. Kept it as it was the last one, single one, however one. but everytime I see the stains I am feeling angry about me... I know how you felt at that moment. I hope that you could bring back the bag and got a new one?

I had an experience with LV in Milan. The sales rep was very pushy and gave a feeling that she didnt want to serve me. I felt rather small then and didnt really enjoy the shopping experience. I left without buying at the end. My other experiences were all fine except for this one...

Dear fassionpassionbee what a nice name;) thank you for your answer! Thanky for pointin out Milan as I live quite near Milan and certainly would have had a peak into the store- so I won't do!

I had a problem once with a store manager who didn't care to help me. I left after trying every single bag I could think of. I came bag the next day, got helped by someone else and bought what I wanted. she saw me and was like "why didn't you just asked for me". I told her she wasn't helpful the day before and that I'd rather work with someone else....
You should be fine, It's the only problem I ever had, wich I tought was just bas luck.

Dear LoveLV I hope that this was just bad luck:sad: As you said it was the only problem you ever had I am feeling hopefull for my visits;)

Dear millivanilli,
I completely understand that you don't want to play the Hermes game anymore. I've been lied too :
Me - Do you have any Rodeos ?
SA - No (with a big smile on her face and saying yes with the head ; if you've ever watched Lie to me, you know what I mean :smile:
When I read on the Hermes forum how things are now at FSH : people queuing for an appointment, time of the appointment changing and people still accepting that, I can't understand.
I've always been treated very nicely at LV ; at Hermes too, except two locations where the SA didn't want to sell and I left the store speaking loudly to my husband : "Next time, we'll buy online." The SAs'face were priceless.
Go to LV and you'll see if you like the shopping experience. Else, you can always buy online (everything is on the Website, not like by Hermes).
Have a very nice day.

Dear Leuleu,

thank you for your answer !
yes. Alone FSH, that's is - I even do not have words for it in my mother tongue.

I mean: HOW does that to their customers?

I am sorry for your rodeo and hope that you got one from another SA? But exactly these are the games Hermés plays and I am so over them...

Shopping online is definetely an option, but I'd love to have a shopping experience.... Do you knwo what I mean? Going to the city, seeing nice items, bringing home the goods and unwrapping them- like an extended christmas evening..;)

I didn't know that LV shows ALL items online, this is hughe pro for me, as I am a typical" enter and buy" person. I do not sneak around, Once I enter a store I will buy something.

:love:

Dear Leuleu,

thank you for your answer !
yes. Alone FSH, that's is - I even do not have words for it in my mother tongue.

I mean: HOW does that to their customers?

I am sorry for your rodeo and hope that you got one from another SA? But exactly these are the games Hermés plays and I am so over them...

Shopping online is definetely an option, but I'd love to have a shopping experience.... Do you knwo what I mean? Going to the city, seeing nice items, bringing home the goods and unwrapping them- like an extended christmas evening..;)

I didn't know that LV shows ALL items online, this is hughe pro for me, as I am a typical" enter and buy" person. I do not sneak around, Once I enter a store I will buy something.

:love:
But Hermes customers accept the treatment : buyers beg to buy their products, so why would they change anything ?
Yes, I completely understand what you mean with the whole LV shopping experience.
I have my "home" store for many years and SAs are wonderful and treat everybody like a VIP. I don't shop elsewhere (except when I'm abroad and I want to bring a little "souvenir" from my trip :smile:).
My only advice : go and have a look at LV and you'll see. But I can tell you : no games.

I've only recently been able to visit a couple of stores (London), Selfridges weren't very good and I left empty handed but Staff were lovely in the Bond street store. So I guess with LV it probably depends a little on where you go. My brother's partner loves bags too and has a mix of Chanel and Hermes bags; she mostly has Chanel and just three Hermes though as she said Hermes never wants to sell you anything and you've got to know how to talk to them and act like you're really not bothered. Hermes is out of my budget but it doesn't sound like somewhere I'd like to shop anyway.