Treatment in Hermes Stores

I had a "funny" moment at Rodeo Drive store. I wanted to get Paperoles scarf and the SA's were nowhere to be found, the only SA I ve seen was busy with the customer. So I waited and waited nearby. Few minutes later two male SA's come up to the SA that was busy and have a chat with her and then ask her if I was helped. She said "no", so they both silently and demonstratively turn around and leave, marching away in sync while the third SA (busy one) is laughing so hard and long that I could still hear her outside when I left. Her laugh was like from horror movies [emoji23] ( I know some say that the treatment depends on how you are dressed, that's not the case here lol I was not dressed overly sporty and casual and had Kelly bag on ) p.s. I didn't get upset or angry, I know it's not about me, it's just the people they are [emoji253] no wonder I never buy anything from them [emoji23]

I am speechless. I really am.

I had a "funny" moment at Rodeo Drive store. I wanted to get Paperoles scarf and the SA's were nowhere to be found, the only SA I ve seen was busy with the customer. So I waited and waited nearby. Few minutes later two male SA's come up to the SA that was busy and have a chat with her and then ask her if I was helped. She said "no", so they both silently and demonstratively turn around and leave, marching away in sync while the third SA (busy one) is laughing so hard and long that I could still hear her outside when I left. Her laugh was like from horror movies [emoji23] ( I know some say that the treatment depends on how you are dressed, that's not the case here lol I was not dressed overly sporty and casual and had Kelly bag on ) p.s. I didn't get upset or angry, I know it's not about me, it's just the people they are [emoji253] no wonder I never buy anything from them [emoji23]

I am sorry to hear about this experience. It was completely uncalled for. Interestingly enough the Rodeo Drive boutique is the only one in the world where I had a "funny" experience as well. I had just come from a charity event and was well dressed, yet the older SA wanted nothing to do with offering service of any kind once she realized I no longer lived there. She went as far as trying to convince me that there was a "cow shortage" throughout the world and no leather goods of any kind in the store. I couldn't contain my laughter when she said this! BTW.. I was there to shop for a housewarming and hostess gift, not a coveted bag. Oh well, these things happen! In fairness, it was my only odd experience in a boutique except for the time a customer tried to walk off with my bag at my home boutique. :smile:

I am sorry to hear about this experience. It was completely uncalled for. Interestingly enough the Rodeo Drive boutique is the only one in the world where I had a "funny" experience as well. I had just come from a charity event and was well dressed, yet the older SA wanted nothing to do with offering service of any kind once she realized I no longer lived there. She went as far as trying to convince me that there was a "cow shortage" throughout the world and no leather goods of any kind in the store. I couldn't contain my laughter when she said this! BTW.. I was there to shop for a housewarming and hostess gift, not a coveted bag. Oh well, these things happen! In fairness, it was my only odd experience in a boutique except for the time a customer tried to walk off with my bag at my home boutique. :smile:
im sorry I dont mean to make light of your experience but when I read "cow shortage" I couldn't stop laughing
their loss
i hope you still found some nice gifts for the housewarming someplace else

it is sad that this happens too often unfortunately.... the city where I live in has H store but I never shop there b/c of this kind of treatment.
I went to H store with DH and saw a wallet I liked and asked SA to show us. DH just asked the price and SA said to him "people who come to this store never ask the price, you either take it or not, there are always people who will buy it"... dear DH just lost it. So from that point on, I found a H store in another city and DH flies me every 3-4 months there for past 3 yrs!!! :lol:

im sorry I dont mean to make light of your experience but when I read "cow shortage" I couldn't stop laughing
their loss
i hope you still found some nice gifts for the housewarming someplace else

Not to worry... I thought is was ridiculous and funny as well! I do understand wanting to cultivate a local and ongoing clientele, but that was just beyond.... fortunately, I haven't encountered anything like that elsewhere! What can I say, it makes for an amusing story!

it is sad that this happens too often unfortunately.... the city where I live in has H store but I never shop there b/c of this kind of treatment.
I went to H store with DH and saw a wallet I liked and asked SA to show us. DH just asked the price and SA said to him "people who come to this store never ask the price, you either take it or not, there are always people who will buy it"... dear DH just lost it. So from that point on, I found a H store in another city and DH flies me every 3-4 months there for past 3 yrs!!! :lol:

Omg! That's ridiculous! Even I who consider myself not prone to rudeness, would lose it.
I also only buy Hermes in Paris, great experience so far. Only once I encountered rude behavior there. Male SA was showing wallets to a couple and I was waiting behind them to take a look at the wallets as well. So when those customers were leaving - the SA turned to his college and showed him how he was annoyed and couldn't wait for them to leave (making disgusted face expression and using hand gestures). When I saw it, I was like "don't really need a wallet anymore, byeee".
But other than that particular SA, I really like people who work there.

These people are ridiculous. It's like they think they belong to some exclusive sorority. Hermes needs to do a better job of training their sales people and that's what they are SALES people. Their job is to cater to clients - not mock them or be rude or stuck up. I have not had the pleasure of shopping at Hermes and it's not because I can't afford to but because it's precisely this type of attitude that is a turn off. I have heard too many stories of rude Hermes sales associates. If I'm going to be spending money somewhere I want to be treated kindly and civilly. I want to feel welcome and not judged. Just the other day I had my first bad experience in a lux store. It was my turn to be waited on and a rude snobby couple said it was their turn next when the sa asked who was next. The sa saw me walk in the store and I made eye contact with the couple when they came In the store after me. But what did the sa do? She looked me up and down and then said the couple was next. I was dressed just fine and was carrying a high end bag. I am guessing it's because to her it was more likely the couple would buy rather than me. Rather than make a scene I simply left. I will never visit that store again. She also lost out on a big commission.

I can say for the most part my experience with Hermes has been good in terms of service. The couple of times where its been a miss for me was while I was in Hanoi and Taipei and maybe it was the way I was dressed. When I'm on vacation I generally like to be comfortable especially while doing touristy stuff, so I was dressed casually in Lululemon or just jeans. In Hanoi, I never even made it inside the store since the guard said they were closing early for some holiday despite the fact in was 20 minutes early. Not sure why they wouldn't let people in when it wasn't even closing time. I just wanted to browse. While in Taipei, I was at the Hermes store in the SOGO department store and I didn't even get acknowledged and it wasn't even busy. This is no where near as bad as some of the other stories here but I expect more consistent service from an extra luxury brand like Hermes.

not surprised, it's the Bev Hills store again... aside from my first clic H and bastia... and for hotstamping.. the snootyness at this store is the reason why i shop in Las Vegas.. even if this store is local to me.. unless one is willing to go through this at first,to establish a relationship.. i think i'd go elsewhere.. the place is always packed with tourists and hardly any SAs to be found.. at least the parking is free ... lol

mfa, am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at the BH store. I have been to the store many times and have had nothing but positive experiences there so this is disappointing to hear. Maybe give them another chance if you live in the area? Truly, the SAs greet me with such friendliness and have been nothing but genuinely courteous and helpful.

Actually, the H staff went overboard when I brought my K35 into the spa ~ I had left cash in my bag and my DD was authorized to pick up my K. They did much to lessen the confusion.

mfa, am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at the BH store. I have been to the store many times and have had nothing but positive experiences there so this is disappointing to hear. Maybe give them another chance if you live in the area? Truly, the SAs greet me with such friendliness and have been nothing but genuinely courteous and helpful.

Actually, the H staff went overboard when I brought my K35 into the spa ~ I had left cash in my bag and my DD was authorized to pick up my K. They did much to lessen the confusion.

Thank you. I am glad you had positive experiences. Yes, I live close by and I understand that experience depends on SA, out of 4 visits, I had pleasant SA once, so there is a hope lol but I buy Hermes in Europe mostly, so will just continue to do so:smile: [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

I really enjoy the BH store and have had lovely experiences there, but I will say that on occasion I've run into a new SA with "attitude". I just laugh as I know they won't last long. There is also one really bad long-term SA whose survival is a surprise to me. I chalk it down to Rodeo Drive - bad training up and down that street (probably, to be fair, reinforced by rude tourists), and the SAs cycle from brand to brand taking the attitude with them.